this makes me furious... dog in crate towed on highway
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: this makes me furious... dog in crate towed on highway

kromulok is offline Senior Member

Defaultthis makes me furious... dog in crate towed on highway

http://theilovedogssite.com/stupid-d...Crate2_8-19-13

What kind of person would put the dog crate on the back of their vehicle WITH THE DOG IN IT and drive down the interstate... or any road for that matter. That poor dog must have been scared to death

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

I can't look at the link, but I'd like to take that driver by the scruff of his/her neck and shake the $hit out of him!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

kromulok is offline Senior Member

the link is not bad or containing images that would never leave you... it is a picture taken from a driver going down the highway showing the crate being towed on the back of a minivan or suv. The person that took the picture was actually a animal control officer that followed the vehicle for two hours until state police finally pulled it over. The dog was not hurt but probably scared to death.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Beerfish is offline Senior Member

There has been much worse lately like that sheer and utter nut the strapped explosives to his yellow lab. Article made me want to puke.

labchris is offline Senior Member

To be honest, the idea might not have been included a bad intention. I own the same car and I know that there is not enough space if all people (7) sit in the car. However, it is a pretty dumb thing to drive with that around on the back haha. The title of this thread is kind of misleading, though. It says that the crate was towed on the street which is not the case here.

Amazongold, it is just a crate that is put on the car's back. Nothing "bad".
    This forum is a Know-it-all forum. Post on your own risk. Beware of being preached by a group of dog owners here.

J.R.&JNE is offline Senior Member

It isn't outright abuse, but it is something that us dog lovers would NEVER consider doing. I would rather make two trips or rent an extra car versus put my sweet babies in the back like that. All it takes is a minor accident and your pup is smashed. Not very smart at all. Plus, it is too damn hot for them to be riding like that.

J.R. and June

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

They need to crate the driver and pull him/her around for hundreds of miles in almost 100 degree heat. I beg to differ with some opinions here. I believe it is abuse. I am appalled!
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by labchris View Post
    To be honest, the idea might not have been included a bad intention. I own the same car and I know that there is not enough space if all people (7) sit in the car. However, it is a pretty dumb thing to drive with that around on the back haha. The title of this thread is kind of misleading, though. It says that the crate was towed on the street which is not the case here.

Amazongold, it is just a crate that is put on the car's back. Nothing "bad".
    I am not sure what picture you are looking at, but that crate is being towed behind the car! In the heat! For hundreds of miles!
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

labchris is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sophiesmama View Post
    I am not sure what picture you are looking at, but that crate is being towed behind the car! In the heat! For hundreds of miles!
    I am looking at a picture that contains a crate that is mounted on a car, not like towing like if you just use a rope to connect a crate and the car and then just pull it around. The second part is what I expected when I read the title.
    This forum is a Know-it-all forum. Post on your own risk. Beware of being preached by a group of dog owners here.

bett is offline Senior Member

Oy vey.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast