Nice to see them mature
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice to see them mature

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

SmileNice to see them mature

Diesel had a favourite toy as a puppy, I called it Burd. Only problem was, Burd would only last about 5 min, so it was a good thing it only cost $7! But he loved this thing so much I kept buying them for him whenever I was at Canadian Tire - only place I could find them. So he had 5 of them before the novelty of how funny it was wore off and it became annoying to pick up all the polyfill stuffing.

Well, I was at CT last month and saw Burd and got him one figuring it had been a good year or so since the last one. *Knock on wood* a month later and Burd is still fully intact!!

This is what happened in the past within a couple minutes...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Diesel still destuffs ASAP but they do really enjoy the skins, so I don't care so much. I have 4-5 destuffed toys that they regularly pull out and re-kill.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

deidra is offline Senior Member

That's all that happens? It would not be noticeable if Tank had it! Bentley is pretty good about not destroying. I had this otter I got from a zoo and Bentley had it for 6 months(he was 8 months when I got it for him), and Tank got it and it was gone in 3.5 seconds. I have a lady bug with 2 legs and one eye, a near with no legs, another otter with no eye and half the neck gone and my sisters bear has one arm,no legs,no ears and half a face,lol.We used it during Halloween on the haunted trails!
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labchris is offline Senior Member

I bought a hedgehog for Smiley, but somehow he does not care. I do not know why.
    This forum is a Know-it-all forum. Post on your own risk. Beware of being preached by a group of dog owners here.

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by labchris View Post
    I bought a hedgehog for Smiley, but somehow he does not care. I do not know why.
    Smiley may never have had toys before. Take the hedgehog and play a game with it and Smiley. That will put your scent on the toy which may encourage him. And he may just not care for that particular toy! When my guys were young I made an annual pilgrimage to the Goodwill store for soft toys of all shapes and sizes. At anywhere from 50 cents to $1.00 apiece, I could bring home BAGS full and not break the bank. And it wouldn't matter if they autopsied the toys immediately or let them last for some time. Eventually, each of the dogs gravitated to their own "favorites". So, try something else with Smiley.

P.S. As someone else posted, even if the toys are destuffed the stitched up skins are fun for the dogs, too.

Seamus and Flynn

javasmom is offline Senior Member

Roxy, don't get too excited just yet.
    Labs have a way of making you eat your words...lol

Tomorrow you may go home and find that Burd has been executed.

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by javasmom View Post
    Roxy, don't get too excited just yet.
    Labs have a way of making you eat your words...lol

Tomorrow you may go home and find that Burd has been executed.
    So true!
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

You're probably right, Gina! I should know better bragging about my Lab, lol!

firstlabellen is offline Senior Member

Lilly is on her second "Burd." Yes, it is nice to see Lilly mature, yet, a bit sad too. Makes me think about the years I have left to enjoy her. I like to hold on to those puppy years as long as I can. I wish our dogs could live longer, but then, we wouldn't get to know so many of them during our lifetime.
    Jeanette
    Mom of Lilly, Kate and Ellen
    (Kate crossed over the Bridge August 30, 2012
    (Ellen crossed over the Bridge June 9, 2009)

My precious Lilly....Born: February 13, 2011

amazongold is offline Senior Member

My guys eviscerate every toy they get - they even have to remove the squeakers from the "Skinees," the toys with no stuffing. But, they have a blast playing with the empty skins and will play tug with them until they get too small for each of them to hold on. Then I toss the bits.

Buddy is the one who has to de-stuff everything. I think if Champ were an only dog, he'd probably keep a stuffie for a while. He's happy to toss them around and chase them, where all Buddy wants to do is chew.

...and Rox? You know you jinxed yourself!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast