An 'us' update

Thread: An 'us' update

Luvmydog2much is offline Senior Member

SmileAn 'us' update

I was so sad to log on this morning and see that we've lost so many of our friends lately on the board. It made me think that I need to be more diligent about taking pictures and enjoying the special time I have left with all my fuzzies.

Rhys is still my feisty old man, I've been making a conscious effort to do more with him because he's been getting himself into a lot of trouble the last few weeks. He's been eating anything in sight... ie. The dish sponge, a roll of paper towels etc. He hasn't been this 'hungry' in a long time. For 12 and having been on borrowed time for 6 years, he's doing pretty darn well and I am so grateful.

Ruby is doing well as well, she had a series of small local surgeries about three weeks ago to have a cyst on her eye removed and a breast biopsy, as she's been making milk for a long time... next stop for her is to be spayed. She'll be 9 in September and she is doing fantastic, we brought the old girl out to the dog show a few months ago and she did great... and was happy as a clam to be out and about again.

Nola is 2 now, and just a weirdo. She provides much comic relief at our house. She really is a gift and a joy to have and I just love her so much. She has done pretty well of late in the show ring, and she's now the #11 Curly-Coated Retriever in America. I'm quite proud of who she is and what she's become.

Whenever I read about the passing of one of the beloved dogs on this board, I can't help but imagine what it will be like when I lose one of mine, and it immediately brings me to tears. They are so tightly wound into the fibers of my being that the thought of not being with them is simply painful. But it does remind me that the time I have with them is finite, and that I need to take every opportunity to tell them that I love them while I have the chance.

I will promise pictures next time, when I'm not typing on a cell phone. Hug your dogs and linger with it a little longer than normal today.
    'Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.'
    ~ Michelle Held

Rhys, Ruby and Nola

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

joflake is offline Senior Member

Thanks for posting on your family. I'm glad to hear they are all doing well. And congratulations to Nola.

javasmom is offline Senior Member

I am so glad to hear that your crew is doing so well.
    I have missed your pictures and hearing about Nola-Bean.
    It's nice to hear some good bits as it has been a sad couple of days here at JL.

BTW-Congrats on Nola's ranking.......but what is Nola's registered name?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Luvmydog2much is offline Senior Member

Nola is CH Riverwatch Crescent City Postmark rankings are here:

Statistics | Canine Chronicle

Keep watching, her wins are all from July/August... so when its updated, she'll be on there. She had a big, big win in OH over the #1 curly to bring her up the list. She's more than 3/4 to her GCH after showing for 4 days! (Which isn't big news if you have a Lab, but curlies don't get the numbers Labs do, so when she beat 14 dogs in one shot, that's a BIG win LOL)

Here's the picture from her big win, she's smiling!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8&l=540a09baeb
    Last edited by Luvmydog2much; 08-14-2013 at 10:04 AM.
    'Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.'
    ~ Michelle Held

Rhys, Ruby and Nola

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Great post. I wish they could live forever.

javasmom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luvmydog2much View Post
    Nola is CH Riverwatch Crescent City Postmark rankings are here:

Statistics | Canine Chronicle

Keep watching, her wins are all from July/August... so when its updated, she'll be on there. She had a big, big win in OH over the #1 curly to bring her up the list. She's more than 3/4 to her GCH after showing for 4 days! (Which isn't big news if you have a Lab, but curlies don't get the numbers Labs do, so when she beat 14 dogs in one shot, that's a BIG win LOL)

Here's the picture from her big win, she's smiling!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8&l=540a09baeb
    That's awesome...and a VERY big deal!!
    Congrats to you and Nola.....she has so much personality, even in the win picture you can see that charisma that she has. She just shines!!