Just Labradors banner

Just wondering

800 views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  kassabella 
#1 ·
If your dog eats a rabbit and doesn't vomit, can one expect to see recognizable rabbit parts (fur, claws) in the poop? I know that they can vomit something they ate three days ago after eating normal meals during that time. Does it work the same at the other end? It has been three days since Judy ate the bunny and she has been normal in every way since. Can her digestive system be that efficient? I'm a worried Lab mama.

#5 ·
After feeding raw for 11 plus years, everything from plain meats to whole foods (like mice and quail), your lab would be JUST fine consuming a teeny baby bunny. Probably 95% of that bunny was fully digested, and output might have been a little fur or excess calcium in the poo...but NOTHING recognizable. For such a small bunny, you would probably never notice a thing. My cats can consume a whole mouse fur and all and nothing recognizable come out.

#10 ·
A little over 3 weeks ago Tessa ate 3 bags of Tapioca. I know it was her as I could see Tapioca a couple of days later.I have given up waiting for the bags to appear. I worried myself sick for a week. They were heavy plastic so have no idea how they could be broken down. Yesterday the vet said things can come out months later. He also told me they can vomit stuff back up weeks later after Erns started vomiting a meat tray he had eaten a week before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.