hi guys...can anyone help me?

Thread: hi guys...can anyone help me?

rudolf0914 is offline Junior Member

Defaulthi guys...can anyone help me?

hi guys i have here a 4 months old yellow lab her name is Hachi,im feeding her with beef pro puppy.
    my problem is i dont know how much dog food im going to give her everytime she's going to eat.
    im giving her food twice a day,morning and 5pm in the afternoon.
    can someone help me pls..thnx

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Samson is offline Senior Member

It depends upon the dog's size

20 -30kg - 200 to 300 g per day - at four months you are ok with two meals IMO so 100-150g per meal and see how it goes.

rudolf0914 is offline Junior Member

how many grams in a cup?i dont know the conversion im giving him 1 1/2 cups per meal..

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Garth is offline Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by rudolf0914 View Post
    how many grams in a cup?i dont know the conversion im giving him 1 1/2 cups per meal..
    The only way to find out is to weigh a cup full on the kitchen scales. If you're not familiar with metrics, 28g = 1oz.

Meadow is offline Senior Member

My vet recommended about a cup per 10 lbs while they were still a young pup. It moves to about a cup per 20lbs when they stop growing.

So for example, my 13 wk gal is almost 30lbs so she gets almost 3 cups a day, split into two meals.

If the pup is leaving any kibble behind, you know you are giving too much. If they are getting too skinny, up it a bit. There aren't many hard fast rules about puppy amounts I think because they fluctuate so much and they go through growth spurts. So start with a ballpark and adjust as needed.
    Erin with
    Reece DOB 5/1/2013
    & kitties

labby is offline Senior Member

My easiest way to do it is to give a cup of food each day per month of life up until about 5-6 months of age. So I would start her on 4 cups of food per day and see how she does on it. You can lower it if she starts to get chunky.

Laura

pixiekabb is offline Junior Member

We have an auto feeder for our dogs. This has worked well for us! All our dogs are very active and healthy. Actually our 2yr old lab is on the slender side! We feed our dogs Rachel Ray Just 6 Lamb formula. Jacob, our lab has had many issues and this food is affordable and seems to have the best nutrition/ingredients for all dogs. I know every pet owner and vet have opinions on what food and how much. If the animal is ACTIVE AND HEALTHY, give them whatever you/they want.