One of those months, argh!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of those months, argh!

Meadow is offline Senior Member

DefaultOne of those months, argh!

You ever have one of those months? I feel like I have been at the vet every other day for the last month.

New pup visit with poop samples and treatment and of course follow up shots. Plus Reece had the dog bite in the middle there. Then early this week started having loose stools again and became lethargic, so had to treat a bacterial thing.

Had my cat in for a vaccine last week too, last couple days she has been sick, not eating, nauseous, and lethargic (2 yr old bengals are not known for the sleepiness), so we are back to the vet again this afternoon.....grumble.

Already have an appt for early next week for another cat with an issue we have been working on for last 2 months.

I have only one other cat that doesn't have an appt, wonder if he is next!! :P

Seriously, I should start bringing cookies or something with my appts, I know everyone there a bit too well.

Sorry, venting, just having a day. Reece also decided puppy teething time has started and began eating the corner of a wall, while I was doing the dishes. Joy
    Erin with
    Reece DOB 5/1/2013
    & kitties

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Yep it hits all at once sometimes. Toss Reece a Nylabone

Destinfam5 is offline Senior Member

Hopefully it all settles down soon. I would definitely make a big deal out of the wall eating thing, though. Those problems get huge when dogs get bigger.
    I still have to replace screen on one of my sliding glass doors from a hole the size of a golf ball. The worst part is it's a 10 foot sliding glass door so it's a lot of work for a little hole.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Oh boy. Taking cats to the vet. Who knew such small, elegant creatures held the physical force of a tsunami when it's time for a vet visit!!!

Seamus and Flynn

Meadow is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Destinfam5 View Post
    I would definitely make a big deal out of the wall eating thing, though. Those problems get huge when dogs get bigger.
    She got to learn about bitter apple today, which I HATED doing, but like you said, have to make a big deal of it asap. She followed me around for an hour trying to lay at my feet with sad puppy face afterwards. This was her first real snafu, but we have kept her environment pretty puppy proof.

She doesn't like the soft puppy nylabone, thinking about trying a larger hard one instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddysmom View Post
    Oh boy. Taking cats to the vet. Who knew such small, elegant creatures held the physical force of a tsunami when it's time for a vet visit!!!
    My lil Mia sounds like she is going to tear the vet a new face, but its all talk, she never does a thing but get poofy and make noise.......I am sure I don't sound overly reassuring when I tell them this though. She is a bengal, so vets tend to have that 'rut ro' look from the get go, I don't really blame them. My bengals are solid muscle and are a nightmare to try and restrain. Not mean, just SO strong and flexible. I can do what I want at home, nail trims, etc, but at the vet, they are total monkeys.

Well, don't think the cat health problem is bad and some meds will probably fix her up. Sigh. Doing a little 'NO MORE VET APPTS' dance in between the already scheduled visits!
    Erin with
    Reece DOB 5/1/2013
    & kitties

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

I hate when it all hits at once as it inevitably does. Hang in there, it usually gets better before it starts all over again, lol! And I think I saw that you were going to try starting a human family? Oh dear, you haven't seen anything yet!!
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Hope it gets better soon.

I know that feeling of almost living at the vets. When my vet calls he doesn't even have to say his name any more. lolol. Think I am the same with them. lol.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

joflake is offline Senior Member

Yes, it does seem to all hit at once. I need to call today to make appointments for my crew. Dixie boosters, Willy xray and check up, all three cats need their vaccines.

It's going to be a big bill.

B Anonymous is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
    My lil Mia sounds like she is going to tear the vet a new face, but its all talk, she never does a thing but get poofy and make noise.......I am sure I don't sound overly reassuring when I tell them this though. She is a bengal, so vets tend to have that 'rut ro' look from the get go, I don't really blame them. My bengals are solid muscle and are a nightmare to try and restrain. Not mean, just SO strong and flexible. I can do what I want at home, nail trims, etc, but at the vet, they are total monkeys.
    We had a black cat namd Harry that had a BAD reputation at the vet's. So much so that if the vets knew we were coming they had the cat bag ready to do the exam with.

For those who don't know what a cat bag is, it's a thick fabric bag like burlap with a drawstring top and several zippers. You would turn the carrier upside down and drop the cat into the bag. The vet feels around, finds the right zipper, unzips it and in goes the thermometer or hypodermic needle. When they're finished, they take the bag, turn it upside down and drop the cat back into the carrier. Pretty simple and ingenius.

The entire time Harry sounded like he was going to kill someone. Funny thing was he was sweet drooling marshmellow at home. He just hated the vets.
    -----<Blane Balch>-----
    In the gene pool of life
    there are no lifeguards.

Jimmyfan914 is offline Senior Member

Sorry, I feel for you, yada yada yada etc.

Please, just more videos of that cutey Reece ASAP!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast