What dog toys do you have?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What dog toys do you have?

labchris is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhat dog toys do you have?

I have bought Smiley a Kong so far. But he does not seem to care about that. I decided to buy him some fluffy furry toys today when I buy dog food.

What toys do you have?
    This forum is a Know-it-all forum. Post on your own risk. Beware of being preached by a group of dog owners here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

I'd bring Smiley to the store (does she still have kennel cough)? and see what gets her interest. otehrwise you may waste money on toys he will not play with

For the kong - you have to make it interesting, a kong on it's own is really not all that interesting. Stick a bit of peanut butter ont he inside and show him (let him see you open the peanut butter and put it in there).
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

All kind of balls, a chuck -it, kong wubbas, tug toys, Emma has her own "babies" that we have to keep away from Maxx because he destroys them, I did buy them each 3 stuffingless plush toys for their birthday that they both love and have not even tried to destroy. They have a big toybox full of stuff and they tend to empty it most days. Since you don't know what he likes yet I would just buy one of a few different kinds to see what he likes best.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labchris is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    I'd bring Smiley to the store (does she still have kennel cough)? and see what gets her interest. otehrwise you may waste money on toys he will not play with

For the kong - you have to make it interesting, a kong on it's own is really not all that interesting. Stick a bit of peanut butter ont he inside and show him (let him see you open the peanut butter and put it in there).
    No, he does not have kennel cough anymore. I should probably just wait until his paws heal and then go to the store!
    This forum is a Know-it-all forum. Post on your own risk. Beware of being preached by a group of dog owners here.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

This one is a popular one at my house
    Dinos | Go Dog Fun

And there is this green snake with squeakers the pups like.

But your boy is a little older so he may not play with toys. Some dogs don't especially if they didn't really get into that habit as puppies (or even if they did)
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    This one is a popular one at my house
    Dinos | Go Dog Fun

And there is this green snake with squeakers the pups like.

But your boy is a little older so he may not play with toys. Some dogs don't especially if they didn't really get into that habit as puppies (or even if they did)
    Those ate the ones I just bought! They each got a snake and I bought 2 different dinosaurs got each of them, they both love them!
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

SpaRx is offline Junior Member

I bought this > Dog Toy Duckworth Dottie Plush Duck: Amazon.co.uk: Pet Supplies < for Jökull and he loves it.
    Also got this giraffetiger thingy plushie with a squeaker that he loves. He's got a "few" toys but those two are the most popular so far

Jökull, I love you

Mandi_S is offline Junior Member

I have tons of toys for all 3 of my boys, they come to the petstore with me and get to pick one out each. I have everything from stuffies, stuffy squeekers, ball, squeeky balls, treat balls and various kong type toys

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Lots of durable Nylabones, some pieces of fur that used to be stuffed animals, a few balls, a rope tug toy. Down in the bottom of the toy box are a few rubbery squeaky toys that were Shadow's. They just don't get played with.

We also have 12 Kongs; I stuff and fill a weeks' worth (10) at a time to freeze, so when I leave at 5:30 am I just give them each one as I walk out the door.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

cillovely is offline Senior Member

Siren loves stuffed toys the most, especially if they squeek. He has this kong alligator that is his favorite. He loves empty pastic water bottles and there are toys you stuff with those. (we have a skunk) Nylabones, he could care less. And the Kongs that you stuff he only wants what's stuffed in there. He does like the rope toys to play tug-a-war with.

Just be careful with the stuffed toys, he ripped his first toy that came home from the breeder totally apart the other day. Stuffing everywhere! Especially his mouth. Most are made pretty sturdy and he's not too rough, but this one just had had enough.

Petco has a bin of $4.99 toys that I'll grab one when we shop there. They also have a 2 for 5 bin of smaller toys too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast