NEVER doing that again!

Thread: NEVER doing that again!

Destinfam5 is offline Senior Member

DefaultNEVER doing that again!

Ivy hasn't had a real bath in a couple months and she was smelling awful after getting into potting soil while wet from a swim. I decided to give her an actual "bath" instead of a rinse with the hose... I put about 3 inches of water in my jacuzzi tub in the master bath. It was pure chaos! She was jumping and slipping all over the tub, grabbing the cup out of my hands and dumping water on herself. I had no way to hold her as I took her collar off and I was soaking wet. I was trying to tell her to sit while I was laughing at the same time. Thankfully I pulled the plug after I told her out and dried her off because she jumped back in. I will never give her a bath in the house again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

LOL Who would think a bath could be so much fun.

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

LOL! Another reason why we only bathe them if they roll in something smelly! I've only had to bathe Diesel twice, still have no idea wth he rolled in the 2nd time but it stank worse than the poop he rolled in the 1st time. I learned after the first bath that I was going to get soaked no matter what and he would be squirmy no matter what so I put my bathing suit on and got into the tub with him the 2nd time. So much easier to hold onto him and other than my arms and legs being smeared with black fur afterwards it was much easier!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

LOL! A video of this adventure would have been awesome. It sounds like great fun, for Ivy at least!
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

Destinfam5 is offline Senior Member

I wish I would have had one of the kids record it because it was quite hilarious.

I laughed at the rolling in poop comment. I would die!

patm is offline Senior Member

Mine get baths outside with a hose and a "shower head " attachment - in ANY kind of weather

KathyArch is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tammyhuffman View Post
    LOL! A video of this adventure would have been awesome. It sounds like great fun, for Ivy at least!
    Agree!

joflake is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by patm View Post
    Mine get baths outside with a hose and a "shower head " attachment - in ANY kind of weather
    So do mine! Not so much in the winter, since they don't get it that often, but it's certainly less mess than in the house. I've been doing it in the kiddie pool. They like it in there.

cillovely is offline Senior Member

I've only given two baths for Siren. He was just so smelly I had to. First one I got soaked, the 2nd one I got smarter. Kept his collar on until after we were done and I wore my rainjacket. Not as effective as my baithing suit, I'll have to keep that in mind for the next time.

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

We don't bathe Sophie unless she rolls in something smelly or gets skunked. We HATE those skunk baths!! We put her in the walk-in shower that has a hand held hose. The hard part is allowing the Nature's Remedy to sit on her for a few minutes. Here we are, it takes 2 of us, in the shower with a skunk stinking wet dog, while we try to hold her still (or sort of still) for 5 minutes! She shivers like she's freezing. When done, no matter how dry we get her with towels, she shakes off and we find brown labby hair everywhere, even the ceiling! Of course, we are soaked and smell like skunk!
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye