bit by another dog

Thread: bit by another dog

chevygrl9 is offline Junior Member

Defaultbit by another dog

Honey was on a walk with her dad last night. There's a wheaton mix up the street that she use to play with a few years back. I have seen that dog a few times on a walk and it has gotten aggressive. I know to turn and walk away from it because it really acts up around honey. He didnt know how aggressive it was, but he did notice her barking at honey so he turned around. The wheaton's owner had picked the dog up when honey was coming up the street but when they turned around the wheaton was put down and took off after honey. She nipped at her and got her in the leg but whats more disturbing is the owner's reaction. He picked his dog up and started punching it in the face. They said their dog is at a day camp all day and has no problem with other dogs. Only honey...hmmm..hard to believe. Just had to share....beautiful weather in nj...finally!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Olive's mom is offline Senior Member

That is awful no wonder why it is aggressive. Was it on a leash?

Destinfam5 is offline Senior Member

I hope Honey is ok!

I can't believe they punched the other dog in the face! No wonder it's aggressive.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

dstyer65 is offline Senior Member

I'm speechless...how awful!
    Todd, Yellow Lab, 1/4/13
    Mr. Utley, Welsh Corgi, 2/20/02

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Omg. I am so sorry Honey got attacked, I hope she will be ok - any broken skin?

If I saw someone punch his dog in the face, even if it had bitten my dog I'd be kicking that someone's ass. That poor, confused, frustrated dog. No wonder he acted out and attacked another dog.

chevygrl9 is offline Junior Member

Yes the dog was on a leash...the owner picked the dog up by when my husband turned around he put the dog down and the dog took off after her. very sad...feel bad for the dog...it did break her skin and there was some blood. thanks for your replies! Oh, and happy birthday to my girl tomorrow...she turns 4!!

kaisdad is offline Senior Member

If it broke skin, shouldn't it be reported? What if the dog continues this behaviour and does more damage?

Olive's mom is offline Senior Member

Glad she is ok. I know sometimes dogs and get more aggressive when they are on a leash not that they should be walked off leash. If he is walking that dog he needs to keep it on a very short leash and muzzled if he cannot control his dog he should not walk it. I agree if he broke your dogs skin I would report the dog.

KathyArch is offline Senior Member

Happy Birthday Honey!!!!! I agree with the above. I'd not only report the bite, I'd report the abuse of the other dog by it's owner. Hope Honey is OK.