Share your daily bonding moment
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your daily bonding moment

Destinfam5 is offline Senior Member

DefaultShare your daily bonding moment

I thought this would be cute and remind everyone of something that makes them love their dog/s more each day.

Every day Ivy (6mos) gives me a "hug". Without fail, every single morning after she's peed so she doesn't pee on me, I hug her as she is wagging her tail so hard her butt is swaying back and forth, she leans into me and puts her head on my shoulder as I hug and kiss her. It's like she's hugging me back. It's just like hugging my children, lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labchris is offline Senior Member

We are just cuddling on the floor until one of us falls asleep.
    This forum is a Know-it-all forum. Post on your own risk. Beware of being preached by a group of dog owners here.

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by labchris View Post
    We are just cuddling on the floor until one of us falls asleep.
    This is the best post from you yet, Chris! I'm so happy you've got your doggy with you.

For me? Now, with Seamus being so senior, I love his tail swish on the bed in the middle of the night. I move my body position, his twizzle goes *swish*... just enough for each of us to know we are there. I pat whatever part of him is closest to hand, he *sighs* and we all resettle.

It is so... reassuring to all of us on the bed.

Seamus and Flynn

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaisdad is offline Senior Member

Every night before sleep, we're all on the bed while I do my crossword. And every morning, like clockwork, Samm gets his nylabone to chew and Kai moves in for 1 on 1 attention. We're all creatures of habit and love our routines.

D Bros. is offline Senior Member

Every morning after I get up, I'm sitting in my chair, reading my book and enjoying the quiet. I'll tell Diesel "c'mere, you", and he'll walk back and forth rubbing on me like a cat. Then he does a shoulder roll down on the floor and rolls onto his back for tummy rubs. Grunting and squirming around, rubbing the top of his head against my feet.

And, a fond memory of Deacon. Every night when we went to bed, he'd lay on his bed next to mine. Then lay his head on the edge of my bed until I gave him his bedtime loving. He couldn't lay down to sleep until we did this.
    My Lab is smarter than your honor student.

Deacon 12/1/1999-4/2/2012 RIP, bestest boy.
    Diesel 3/29/2010 My little hard charger.

kaisdad is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by D Bros. View Post
    ...he'll walk back and forth rubbing on me like a cat.
    Samm does this all the time. He loves to walk back and forth under my legs while I'm sitting on the edge of the bed or on the couch. He arches his back like a cat, so that his back is rubbing along the underside of my legs. Very cat-like.

J.R.&JNE is offline Senior Member

J.R. (black male) is a bit standoffish, so when he comes up to get some lovin it is always a special moment. For the past several months, he has been coming up to my bed in the morning to get his rub down. It can be tough, because his sister is pretty dominant and jealous, so she always tries to muscle her way in to try and take over the spot light. I try to pet both at the same time, but give him a bit more affection when he wants it (because it is more rare).

J.R. and June

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Every night Diesel waits for me to get into bed and get comfy, as soon as I reach to turn the light out he jumps up and does his 3 circles then plunks down on the pillow next to mine with his back facing me and he scoots back for cuddles. I always fall asleep with my arm around him and holding his paw.

Every morning I wake up to him sitting up right next to me, staring down on me like right above my head. I tell him "5 more minutes" and he lays down facing me with his paws across my chest or shoulder, and sure enough within 5 minutes he starts with his little huffs and puffs, inching his cold wet nose closer and closer to my chin until I can't help but laugh. We lay there for a few minutes, I scratch him behind the ears and he listens as I ask him if he had a good sleep & what he plans to do with his day. It's a nice way to start the day. If I get a head tilt out of him, it's even better.

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Maxx is a higher as well, with his head on my shoulder just like Ivy. He lives attention and hives hugs many times during the day but his best hug is before bed. Every night he jumps up on the bed, gives Jon a hug and the comes to me for my hug.
    I love his head on my shoulder and the big, happy sighs in my ear. He is such an affectionate dog, I just love him so much.
    Emma is a sweetheart, she comes in every night before she goes to bed, gets her goodnight kiss and her apple slice and trots off to bed.
    Their routines are so funny, they really are like kids!
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Tony: Does not give the usual dog lick kisses. He just learned not to bite. (very mouthy) When I ask him for a kiss, he does this open mouth against my face, moving lips and making a sound. I think he would like to nibble but knows "no bite".
    Bruno: When I open arms at him as a signal to come, he throws back elephant ears and comes, head and whole body wagging. He's my lap dog.
    Judy: My aloof girl who is always right there but shows little affection. She saves her lovey-dovey submissive routine for strangers.
    Mitzi memory: As soon as I was awake in the morning, she pressed the side of her face against mine.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast