17 DOWN 67 TO GO

Thread: 17 DOWN 67 TO GO

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Default17 DOWN 67 TO GO

Another day behind us. HK is really being a great patient. She wants to play, and doesn't mind letting me know, but she is accepting the response. We happened to be driving by the vet's office yesterday and stopped in to weigh her, something I just do every time she is with me and we happen to drive by. The ortho vet just happened to be there. He saw HK and told me that she was going to get a free eval. It is something he likes to do whenever he sees one of his recent surgery patients. Well, she passed. He thought she was doing really well. Complemented me also! And he confirmed what is written on the post op care sheet is still valid even though she is doing so well. Maybe because we are paying attention to it. So, The tug toy will have to wait two more weeks, and the swimming will have to wait almost 4 weeks. Hey! That gives us the markers to shoot for.

We talked about how she walks really well on the leg but when the pace increases she may hop/skip a step or two to let me know its too fast. He told me that she is really walking much better than the average dog at this time, and the hop at a faster pace is normal. Complemented me on paying attention and slowing down as soon as I see it. Told me the pace just short of the hopping is the best place to be.

So Ed feels good that he is doing right by HK. HK has no idea what its all about. However, she has not reacted badly to go into the vets office. She is still anxious to get in there and receive her treats.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Apart from HK doing so remarkably well, I imagine you've either picked up or invented some valuable training techniques! Good job, Ed.

Seamus and Flynn

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Happy for you both, Ed. The time will pass, slow as it seems, it will be behind you soon.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

KathyArch is offline Senior Member

Great to hear. Keep up the good work. It's got to be hard when she feels like she can play, but that's why dogs have humans...LOL. I think mine would chase a ball until he absolutely collapsed it we didn't make him take a break.

wiscpayton is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the update, Ed. I am sure that you are happy to get a good progress report from the expert, although you have sensed it already. Hang in there HK.

dstyer65 is offline Senior Member

That is good news and it sounds like you have a great, caring veterinary support. That makes things so much better!
    Todd, Yellow Lab, 1/4/13
    Mr. Utley, Welsh Corgi, 2/20/02

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Great news Ed - you are doing a great job for HK. Continued good healing thoughts.