Some of these are pretty typical of a Lab, or any dog for that matter, but these are some of the things that Diesel does that just melts me every time!
(no specific order)
- Tip of the tail wag
- Great big yawn followed by a head shake & look of I's is tireds mama
- Head tilt (rare but so classic when it happens)
- Crossing his paws while laying
- Scooching up closer to me when we cuddle
- Always waiting like a little gentleman for me to get comfy first before he jumps up on his side of the bed
- Stuffy stuffed in his mouth with a robust bum wiggle & come play with me eyes
- Getting so excited waiting for me to throw his soccer (size of a baseball) his tail wags so fast and in circles it's like he's about to take flight
- Leaning his head waaaay back to give me a kiss on the chin as he lays next to me on the couch watching TV
- Looking intently at me when I talk to him on walks, sometimes with the Elvis lip, and sometimes so engrossed that he walks into stuff
- Curling up beside the bathtub when I shower and not budging even when he gets dripped on as I get out
- The stare that says... I'm starving!... I have to pee/poo!... I'm starving!... Wake up!... Um, hello, still starving!
- Laying his chin on the ottoman when I haven't noticed his first signal that he has to go potty
- Pounding the floor with his paw when he really wants something
- Sitting in the doorway of the kitchen with his back to me to tell me dinner is late
- Rolling on his back for a belly rub and his paws flailing about while he snarls and snorts and grabs at my hands with his teeth so gently
- The way he has recently learned to beg... stealth movements into the kitchen I never hear him come in, he just magically appears next to me waiting for something to drop
- Drool machine when he's about to get banana or cheese, covers his entire chest, I know he'd wait forever
- His "leave it"... if I make him wait too long he looks away from it like it pains him to see it and not have it, and keeps his head turned to the side until I give the "ok"
- The way he lets me know he needs help with that one little piece of kibble that got wedged between something and the wall... comes trotting over to me while glancing over his shoulder to the kitchen with a "umm, mommy... I gotsa little situation..."
- The way he loves people, doesn't have a mean bone in his furry body, just wants to love everyone and everyone to love him
That's all I can think of for now LOL. What's your list?
Diesel is so cute.
Many of those things Erns is like too.
One of my favourite things with him is our game. He will sit beside me and pat me on the arm. Just one pat. I say.."Hello what do you want" and pat him. He does it back and grunts. We do this for ages back and forth with me saying "Hello what do you want" pat and him grunting and patting. I always giggle.
Erns curls up on the bath mat when I shower. If it is night time he goes and get my pjs.Often he gets confused and brings them when I get back from the beach and shower. lol.
Cute, but can be annoying if we have guests. He likes me to go to bed with him. If I don't he barks. Will bring my pjs out as well. I go and lie down with him, then get up and do what I was doing once he settles. lolo. Like a baby.
How he barks when Tess needs something.
With Tess I love seeing her alseep with her toy in her mouth.
She loves everyone.
Sits on top of me when I sit down.
The sound of her humming with excitement while I prepare her dinner.
I just love everything about them.
All of the above....also sometimes when he's sitting in front of me he sort of hooks one of his front legs around my leg. I call it a hug. But as I read through those lists...Jack does most of them as well. And yep, melts my heart with each one. That's their trick to get us humans to be their slaves...they can melt our hearts with a look. Anyone else a Seinfeld fan? I don't remember the whole thing but he was saying if aliens were watching Earth, they'd be sure the dogs are in charge. Humans worship them, buy their food & toys, follow them around and pick up their poop in little bags and carry it along...............funny stuff.
I often wonder about aliens seeing our bed at night. Dogs stretched out with humans hanging off the edges. lolol. At the moment the mattress is on the floor as Erns can't jump on the bed. lolol.At least not so far to fall out.
Well, my girl has only been with me for two and a half weeks, so we're just now getting to know eachother. What she's doing so far that melts my heart.
1 Every time she comes into the room she walks up to me and does a quick head nod while looking me in the eye. As if saying "what's up mom"
2 She loves to sleep on my feet. It doesn't matter if I'm outside, sitting on the couch or doing dishes she's always keeping my tootsies warm.
3 No matter how exhausted and grumpy I am, when I let her out to go potty at 2 am or get her up in the morning, she is all butt wiggles and kisses. It melts my heart every time and quickly gives me a well needed attitude adjustment.
4 She will randomly come to me throughout the day, nudge my leg and whine. It means sit down already mom. It's sniggle time
5 As depressed as I have been with her UTI and potty training failures, she ran to the door first thing this morning, rang the bell and went outside to pee. She's a smart girl! Woo Hoo!
6 And when she does what we call "the most uncomfortable puppy in the world" she will try to find a comfortable position to sleep in. Groan roll over, move two feet, groan and move again. She will do it for a good 20 minutes being incredibly dramatic the whole time. And god forbid you touch her once she's comfortable, she will huff loudly and start the process all over again.
Last edited by BellsandBeans; 06-13-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Coming up and licking my elbow when I'm on the computer.
The deep groan when I scratch his ears.
The "flop" when he jumps on the bed and wants to lie down next to (or on!) me: first, the front end collapses. Then, the shoulder rolls and the hiney follows and he flops right over.
The pawing when he wants on the easy chair with me- whether Poopy is sitting with me or not. He climbs up and flops on my lap. Poops better move or he's smushed.
The total face washing once he's on said easy chair.
The "shimmy" when I've scolded him and he wants forgiveness.
Forrest CGC- Lab 2001-2011
Finn- Lab/Aussie- 2011-
And 30-some Miniature Horses...
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his leader, his love. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. Unknown
Oh, oh, oh....I forgot! I get up way earlier than my husband as he prefers his news & coffee in bed & I prefer mine in front of the computer...when he's still in the bedroom and I'm sitting here, every now & then Jack (he spends this time of the day laying in bed next to Daddy) will come stand just inside the bedroom door and stare at me until I speak to him "Yes?" "Good Boy." "What ya need?" , whatever, doesn't matter what I say then he goes back to lay in bed with the Daddy. Cracks me up every time.
Most of all the above, they really are talented little souls aren't they?
Maxx likes to "hold" my hand, very softly, in his mouth when we are walking to the kitchen to fix breakfast or dinner and at various other times during the day.
The way he wakes up, so happy and ready to start the day. He always makes my mornings happy regardless of the amount of pain I am in.
The way he lays his head on my shoulder and "purrs" in my ear and nuzzles my neck.
The way he looks out for Emma, he always makes sure she gets her treat first, he will not take his first no matter how badly he wants it.
Picking up and putting his toys away every night, I don't even have to ask him anymore.
His behavior in class, he makes me so proud
I love her sweet, gentle nature, she is such a love bug.
The way she washes her "baby" every night before bed.
She is the best snuggler in the world.
The way she knows everything you are saying to her.
Her excitement when we go outside with her soccer ball.
The way she "talks" to us.
The way she "mothers" Maxx, reprimanding him when she thinks it is necessary.
I love them both so very much, they make my life happy.
Maxx & Emma Jean
Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.
Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.
My husband noted Siren's "Snoopy" yawn last night. Like how the cartoon his toung would curl up while he yawns. It's so cute.
I love how he sleeps on his back without a care in the world.
How he picks up a toy to bring with him to go outside
How sometimes he'll pick up his dish and stand in his pen with it and look at me wanting water or food
And how each night he won't go to bed until I fill up his kong pacifier (very small) with some kibble and put it in his crate.
Lately Maddox has been killing me with the lazy tail wag. When I get up in the morning he follows me to the bathroom then returns to bed. After my shower, when I return to the bedroom, he looks up with that sleepy face and does the end of the tail wag...melts my icy cold heart!
I also love his super-loud human sounding yawns when he's alerting us that it's bed time.
He does a lot of what's already been mentioned above as well. The other day I asked the hubby "is he actually getting CUTER?" and hubby confirmed it. Just when I think my heart couldn't possibly love him more, he manages to force it to grow a little bigger to accommodate him.
Laura & Maddox