13 DOWN 71 TO GO :<( :<)

Thread: 13 DOWN 71 TO GO :<( :<)

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Default13 DOWN 71 TO GO :<( :<)

Yesterday was a bit disappointing, but I was warned to expect it. HK developed a case of the hoppies about mid day. It wasn't that she wouldn't walk on the leg, but she would do the three legged hop periodically. i.e. all the way across one room when she got up from laying down. Randomly when out for a walk for a couple strides, Spent time stopping and looking at her knee occasionally.

Her pain meds stopped Friday morning, She seemed fine without giving me any signs that she was in pain Sat and Sunday morning. Around dinner time last night, I decided that her knee was hurting her, and gave her a lower dose of the same pain med. I happen to have some in the house.

The good news is that she seems fine so far this morning. Meds, rest, or just the progress of healing? I don't know and she won't tell me. But it is good.

The stitches come out late this morning. That is good news! Why?

(1) I know that they are itchy, more each day by her attempts to lick them increasing.
    (2) I get to talk with vet about everything above. :<)
    (3) I get to go over manipulation exercises to assure that I am doing it right. :<)
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

javasmom is offline Senior Member

It's normal...most likely just because the pain meds have stopped.
    You will find that she will most likely 3-leg it more inside the house than when she's outside, especially if you have tile/hardwood floors.

Good luck at the vet!!
    Staple removal day was a BIG day here...felt like progress was finally made and the cone came off!!

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the encouragement.

HK has been very good with the stitches. Until the last day or two, there has only been an occasional attempt to lick. I think they have just gotten really itchy as the healing of her skin is nearing completion.

Somehow, I think she knew if she went after them, she would get the cone and she really hates it. :<)
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

joflake is offline Senior Member

I hope you have a good appointment today.

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

The frowny face in your subject line had me concerned, so I'm glad to read that the occasional hoppies are normal. GREAT to get the stitches out! Not only can they itch, they can kind of hurt after a while!

Seamus and Flynn