Just Labradors banner

7 DOWN 77 TO GO

490 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  amazongold 
#1 ·
Another pretty good day. JLers will understand what I am going to write here. Non-dog people will have no clue.

It has't been hard this first week. If it was drugs, pain, or just not understanding what happened to her, I don't know. She has been easy to take care of. Tolerant of the massages, range of motion exercises, walking on a lead, etc.

I think the easy days are going to end in a day or two. She started exhibiting some behaviors that we haven't seen in a week.
(1) Following me from room to room rather than just laying on one of her beds.
(2) Trying pushing her hip into my leg for a butt rub, and then pressing into it as hard as she could. (Using BOTH legs while doing it)
(3) Barking at car doors closing.
(4) Sitting at sliding door watching for squirrels.
(5) Laying on her back near the couch, and then extending her hind legs sliding her body across the floor.

I am betting she brings me a tennis ball in one of the next two days, and that is going to be a no-no. I am going to have to start those mental games.

See less See more
#2 ·
That is great Ed. Hope she stays quiet for a little longer. Mind games are great.

My poor Tessa was so abused. She was in the crate 24 hours a day except for potty or sitting with me a few hours. I was so paranoid she would jump and hurt it the crate was the safest place I knew. She was great and think in some ways she understood. She had Ernie with her so made it easier.

#4 ·
I've never been in your shoes, but I can imagine that the better HK feels the harder it will be to keep her quiet. Glad she's feeling better!
Most definitely! You are dong an awesome job with her, Ed, and I am betting (hoping) that she will be able to get back to full mobility and play sooner than they originally said. the exercises you are doing with her to keep the muscles limber and the joint working will do wonders for her rate of healing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.