6 DOWN 78 TO GO

Thread: 6 DOWN 78 TO GO

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Default6 DOWN 78 TO GO

This one is boring. Hershey Kisses is just doing great. She has accepted that the leash goes on if she goes out. Once the initial excitement that she has gotten out is over, the one legged hopping is over and we take a slow walk with all four legs being used. In the house, it is mostly four legged legwork, except for a couple hops when she first gets up.

Neighbors had guests over last evening. I was just bringing HK out as they were returning from a walk approaching our driveway. They had another couple with a really large Mastif on lead with them. I heard one of them say, 'There's Hershey! She is a great dog, friendly, and always eager to play." as they started to turn into the driveway.

I have never done this before, but I found myself yelling, 'Please, no! Don't bring the dog up here near Hershey.' I could see by the expression on my neighbor's face, they were surprised at my reaction. That is when I got HK turned so they could see the left leg and said, ' She would love to play, but not until her leg has healed.' And that began a nice long conversation about poor Hershey. The owner of the Mastif understood completely. They had had Burmese Mountain, and Labs previously that had done the same thing and had one of the corrective surgeries.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

dstyer65 is offline Senior Member

I'm so glad she is doing so well!!
    Todd, Yellow Lab, 1/4/13
    Mr. Utley, Welsh Corgi, 2/20/02

javasmom is offline Senior Member

I like to hear good news!!
    You know Ed, one of Java's favorite things to do was to sit outside on a blanket (on leash of course) with me and just enjoy the sunshine. It really helped keep her spirits up.
    The ice cream helped too.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

What a nice conversation among understanding dog people. I'm glad it worked out that way.
    Keep up the excellent work, HK!

Seamus and Flynn

KathyArch is offline Senior Member

Well I love "boring" updates if it means she's doing great ........ I resisted the urge this AM around 8 to start a thread titled "Hey HersheyK's Dad, where is our update" I'm so glad she's doing well. I had to drag my husband over to the computer last night to show him her picture, your siggy pic where she's doing the goofy face. She's so beautiful. Keep up the healing HK

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Glad to hear that she's using all fours!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy