4 DOWN 80 TO GO

Thread: 4 DOWN 80 TO GO

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Default4 DOWN 80 TO GO

HK had a pretty good day. Ed managed to get all the meds and therapies in. Having a bit of trouble getting 10 sit/stand exercises in. She just isn't ready for a proper sit and I didn't force it.

I did notice what I think is a swollen area around her ankle, or that first joint below the knee at the lower end of the tibia. I have been massaging it as well has putting a cold pack on it. I don't think it got any worse over night, but it hasn't improved either. If it gets worse today, I might have to take her to the eVet. If it doesn't show improvement by tomorrow morning, we will visit with out vet.

I was able to observe more testing with the repaired leg which is encouraging. 95% of all steps are still hops though.

The leash did its job yesterday. Generally she does not pull on the leash when I have her out to potty since the operation. She didn't pull yesterday either, but she took a stance and wasn't going to move. I had to pull on the leash a little to get her back into my world. It seems that Mr. or Ms. Bunny Rabbit was sitting in the grass about 50 yards away. HK had ideas that weren't in our post-op instructions, so I had to bring her back from the fantasy world her head was in.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

KathyArch is offline Senior Member

Sounds like she's getting better day by day. I'm betting Mr./Ms Bunny will be a bigger issue every day. Hope the swelling on her ankle goes down.

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

I'll bet she enjoyed those few brief moments in fantasyland. Good sign.

Seamus and Flynn

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

You are going to have to keep an eagle eye out for those bunnies, Ed. If Ms. HK catches you off guard, you may be off your feet in seconds!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Samson is offline Senior Member

As the internal scar tissue tears ( and it most probably will ) it will seem that she will be going backwards - just to prepare you in weeks to come Ed.

I went up and down emotionally for the first 10 weeks !

Sounds like she's doing fine !