3 DOWN 81 TO GO

Thread: 3 DOWN 81 TO GO

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Default3 DOWN 81 TO GO

She had voided herself of waste at 2:30 am of Day 3, and again around 8:00 am. Pretty close together, but a lot closer to her long standing schedule. Then again around 8 pm. Okay, looks like the intake and exhaust systems are back to normal.

The morning was more or less uneventful. I can see some energy coming back to her general outlook, but still lazy and satisfied laying around. Well, that was until it was time to go visit the vet. I was surprise she was still anxious to get into the office. No resistance like that place was bad to me last time. Off came the pretty pink bandage, which the vet now referred to as the cast.

His assessment of the wound was good, and her reaction to attempts at using the leg were good. So we were off to home.

I brought home a different dog than I took. Her energy level is definitely higher. More mobile. Requiring more restrictions. We are still working it out.

Skin and muscle massage went really well. She likes it and seems to have no desire to get away.
    Range of motion also goes well, but this is something she seems to put up with, more than enjoy.
    The ice pack to get after that swelling. NO! She doesn't like that cold bag. She doesn't care what it is wrapped in. She and I are going to have to work on this. However, the leg is touching the ground more. Actually caught her taking a step with it twice last night. Yea!

Her wound started leaking/oozing a couple drops of blood when the lower end of the incision. Called the vet, he didn't seem concerned if it was just a drop or two. I but a bandage and vet wrap on it for a few hours anyway, and all is well. Spotted what seems like a nickel sized ball of swelling on the front of what I will call her ankle. If it is still there in the morning, we will let the vet take a look at it. I hadn't noticed it before. Hmmmm! The bandage would have been covering it.

Anyway, she seems glad the bandage is gone, but hasn't completely forgiven me for abusing her.
    IMG_1596.jpgIMG_1597.jpg
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

KathyArch is offline Senior Member

She's a beautiful girl even with a shaved leg. Stylish.

nellies mom is offline Senior Member

Glad she is doing better.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Danie
    Nellie, CGC
    Bailey
    Gunner
    Munchie
    ~~~~~~~~
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

A couple of tentative steps! Bravo!

Seamus and Flynn

classiq is offline Senior Member

Glad to hear that she's doing so well. Love your updates. Keep them coming.

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

Glad she's doing well Looking at that picture I just want to give her hugs and kisses!

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Glad she is doing better.One day at a time.

I think it was about day 5-6 Tessas leg was swollen. There was no fur on the hip and leg and still some on the foot so she looked like an old lady with odema hanging over her brown sensible shoes. I was told this is common. I massaged her leg more to get the blood flowing.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Sedona is offline Senior Member

Sounds good. She is so beautiful. Good luck as she starts regaining her energy.

Isn't it great to have a sister