HK is solicitiing a new home
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HK is solicitiing a new home

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultHK is solicitiing a new home

They are so mean to me here. You wouldn't believe what they did to me yesterday. It all started when they wouldn't feed me in the morning. Then they dropped me off at a place I thought I remembered getting treats at, but NO! They dropped me off at the butcher shop. AND it wasn't for the butcher to give me a bone. Just look at what happened to me.
    IMG_1583.jpg

That's her side of the story, and I completely understand why. It was a tough day for me be home and without her at my feet. I can't count the number of times I looked down or reached for her and she wasn't there. The pickup was hard when they finally brought her to me after a great half hour post op care talk. My poor girl whining. Even when she tried to wag her tail. I had planned to lay her out in the back of the Durango on a brand new Costco bed I bought for her, but that wouldn't work. She wanted to be next to me and she never would have stayed down and not tried to climb over seats to get up front. So, she got shotgun. She would lay down, stood leaning against the seatback and door all the way home. Slow with very gentle slowdowns for stops.

I had a sling ready to help her walk into the house, but once I had her up in my arms to get her out of the Durango, I just carried her in. Laid her down on the bed in the kitchen so she would be close to us, she wasn't moving anywhere. And the whining started. Driving me and DW nuts that we couldn't do anything for her. Vet told us some of it is reaction from the anesthesia, some of it pain. She got a morphine shot just before we left the vet. She has a Fentinal Patch on her front leg. No more meds until morning. My poor baby.

After DW and I ate, I went to get her some food. Remember, she had no breakfast. She heard the food bin opening, and didn't try to come running. When I brought her the bowl, she slowly ate what little they told me I could give her. This was one hell of a bad idea as a way to resolve a vacuum eater. Later when I went to the oven to take out the fresh jerky I have made for her yesterday, she wasn't right next to me trying to snatch a piece as I took them out. But the whining increased in volume, so I knew she still had an appetite.

Last night was rough, mentally for me. I couldn't leave her alone downstairs with that whining. Wasn't about to carry her upstairs and worry about an attempt to get on the bed. So, guess who slept downstairs with her. Well, neither of us slept much, but I did get the impression that she liked having company. This morning, she is still sleeping, no whining. I hope that is an indicator it was the drugs, and not the pain. Or that the pain is gone.

And the recovery routine begins.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

KathyArch is offline Senior Member

Poor Hershey Kissess....hoping for a quick recovery for her. Tell her the pink leg is cute

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Poor HK. It is the drugs no the pain. Erns cries for about 36 hours and it is heart breaking not being able to do anything. I too slept on the floor next to Tess.

Good thoughts for a quick recovery. The first week she may be happy just to sleep.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

She does look pretty miserable but her leg dressing is tres chic! She's showing it off very well.

Seamus and Flynn

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Love her pink cast, such a girly thing! I highly doubt she would entertain leaving you but she may keep you on you toes for a bit of time. Sending healing thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

javasmom is offline Senior Member

It will get better Ed, promise.
    FYI-Fentanyl patches are notorious for causing whining, so if the incessant whining continues you may want to call the vet and consider removing it and sticking to regular pain meds.

We took turns sleeping downstairs with Java for 2 weeks after each surgery. It really helped her to rest and sleep better. Plus it was easier to set the alarm every 4 hours to give her the pain meds.

Moka likes HK's cast. She had one just like it (which she managed to pull off the first day she came home-in her crate no less).

Java didn't have the bandage/cast...but she did have the cool haircut!

And she was just as thrilled with her experience...

I hope HK's coat grows back in better than Moka's did!! Her undercoat grew in first and she was this weird orange color on just that side for the longest time...lol
    Last edited by javasmom; 05-29-2013 at 09:08 AM.

Top Of The Hill is offline Senior Member

Best thoughts for HK. Wishing her a quick and uneventful recovery.

Crystal87 is offline Senior Member

Poor baby, she looks so sad. Wishing a speedy and and painless as possible recovery!

Jaxx - 12/5/12
    Missy - 12/29/12

joflake is offline Senior Member

Oh Ed. That's a sad story. I feel for you, it hurts us just as much as it does them. Hopefully, the whining will be over now. I have to say, I love the pink cast.

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Poor girl Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast