SERIOUSLY? OUR PICTURES CAN BE STOLEN??!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SERIOUSLY? OUR PICTURES CAN BE STOLEN??!!

KathyArch is offline Senior Member

DefaultSERIOUSLY? OUR PICTURES CAN BE STOLEN??!!

I find it very sad and frustrating to know that any pictures we post can be taken from this site and posted elsewhere without our permission. Yes, I know it's LEGAL...but is it ethical? NO. Just sort of wondering how many others are feeling this way. I personally love this site mostly because of all the amazing pictures. Some of you are great photographers. It makes me sad to go to a thread and see "pictures removed" or to see someone's siggy picture disappear. I'm not sure there is a thing in the world we can really do about it.....I don't know how to make a "poll" if anyone does, let's be counted. Who wants to stand up and say "Want to use one of my pictures~ask me first!" Like I say, I know people are within legal rights to do this, but maybe they don't realize how it makes us feel. So sad. Thoughts on this please?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

justine is offline Senior Member

I know I'm not the only one, but you won't be seeing any photos from me on here any longer.

citronella is offline Senior Member

I've been thinking about this issue (can you see the smoke). I had a website where I sold my collectable teddybears and I used to tag my pictures with a watermark. Everyone could still post their pics (because I love seeing the pics) with their name blazened across it so that it is unusable for anyone else. I'm sad too that we won't be able to see anymore pictures, so once I figure out how I did it I can share with everyone. I'm going to give it a try with my siggi.
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

I think a poll is a great idea, but I really doubt the new owners would care. They are not participating members/dog lovers like Daniel (the guy who started Just Labs many years ago, for newer members).

I do think that they should be concerned about the traffic decline and reduction in participation that will result from our reaction to their policy and actions. This forum is an investment and due to them using our pictures, we've reacted to remove those pictures - which makes the forum less attractive and reduces the value of the board as an investment. Dumb business move on their part IMO when they could have just bought stock images and offended no one. But nothing about Petguide.com strikes me as well thought out or professional.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

labby is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by citronella View Post
    I've been thinking about this issue (can you see the smoke). I had a website where I sold my collectable teddybears and I used to tag my pictures with a watermark. Everyone could still post their pics (because I love seeing the pics) with their name blazened across it so that it is unusable for anyone else. I'm sad too that we won't be able to see anymore pictures, so once I figure out how I did it I can share with everyone. I'm going to give it a try with my siggi.
    It can be easily done and I do put my copyright tag on most pictures that I post. However, they still have the option of using your photos for their own purpose and I really don't want my dogs' pictures possibly used in an article or product I don't approve of.

Laura

HarveysMum is offline Senior Member

I agree with you Kathy, I love seeing the photos of other peoples dogs, vacations, gardens etc.

Sharon makes an excellent point regarding this 'business decision', I can see participation in the forum dropping significantly. That saddens me as this place is a great source of information and support.

Garth is offline Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by KathyArch View Post
    I don't know how to make a "poll" if anyone does, let's be counted.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownDog View Post
    I think a poll is a great idea
    Done:

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/o...her-sites.html

KathyArch is offline Senior Member

Thank you Garth! Voted!!

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

I really hate that so many will no longer post pics but I understand why they feel this way. I have enjoyed so many wonderful pictures and it is very sad to see even siggy pics deleted.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tammyhuffman View Post
    I really hate that so many will no longer post pics but I understand why they feel this way. I have enjoyed so many wonderful pictures and it is very sad to see even siggy pics deleted.
    Not just siggy pics. I removed my avatar and my profile picture, too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast