My labs eats poop:( - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My labs eats poop:(

fanny&eddiesmom is offline Senior Member

Haana eats JJ's poop. Only his. They are all the same food, JJ gets a little bit of whatever left over meat we have in the fridge but that is it. I think it is because he doesn't drink as much water as she does and well, I won't go any further...........

We have to pick it up before she gets to it, and 'leave it' doesn't always work............

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sporin is offline Junior Member

Our chocolate did the same thing. Our old Lab/Golden mix never did, and thankfully our new puppy yellow doesn't. They all ate the same food (grain free/poultry free Taste of the Wild Pacific Salmon formula).

With multiple dogs it was hard to keep up on pickup as much as necessary. We tried a lot of remedies but eventually the thing that worked was careful correction with a remote collar. I'd keep an eye on him out the window and when he'd go to eat it, I'd give him a beep or low shock and he learned not to do it very quickly after that.

That type of collar is not for every dog, and you need to use it properly, but for him it was the best, quickest, way to correct bad behaviors. He was such a sweet boy, but he had a very thick noggin.

This is what we use if you are interested. Best-seller: Tri-tronics SPORT BASIC G3 Collar

Castaway is offline Senior Member

Mine are fully paid up members of the poop eating club... Abby latest edition to the family, learned it from Checka! They dont eat each others at home, so poop scooping isnt the issue, for me its when we are out walking off leash (most of the time) Sheep/goat poop a delicacy, cow poop will do stone martin poop... you name if its poop it goes in the mouth. "Leave it" works when I catch them by which time they will already have taken a huge gulp of it.
    If someone find an answer Im all ears!!
    https://justlabradors.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic370_1.gif The more people I meet the more I like my dog

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

banshee is offline Senior Member

We had two Labs who were fed exactly alike. One ate poo and the other didn't. The only think that took care of the problem was picking it up right away.

It was funny, because my poo eater had such a regal bearing and seemed so "ladylike" in personality. The dog I have now is a real tomboy, but has never eaten poo. I still pick it up, though.

mydogRowdy is offline Junior Member

Dog eats poop, why?

Kind regards,
    Mel

Our first Lab was a poop eater. All we could do in the end is make sure that the yard was clean before we let her out. It was funny, in all other ways she seemed so "ladylike" in her demeanor.

My bad. I already replied to this. My memory is going south!

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

HK only eats poop in the winter, Poopcycles!

The only help I can offer after picking up any on your own property immediately, is to train 'Leave it'. Although HK already knew and understood the command, she would ignore it when she found one of her most edible treasures, frozen poop. I had to go with an e-collar when we went out in the winter months, and I had to keep her constantly in my sight. When she ignored the command, she got nicked. In 6 years, she has progressed to obeying the command and not eating her treasured finds. But only if I have her in sight and tell her to leave it. If I am not paying attention, bad me, she eats it.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

texas1992 is offline Junior Member

Your labs eat poop???? So does my granddaughter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12