Just when I thought it was safe to leave them alone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just when I thought it was safe to leave them alone.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

DefaultJust when I thought it was safe to leave them alone.

Those 2 got up to no good and have lost their stay at home alone badges.

This morning it was cold so left them in bed. For some reason I decided to block off the kitchen as Erns has been good the last few days and didn't want to mess with that.

Came home a few hours later and saw bits on paper on the floor. Then my passport with teeth marks on it.
    Oh please don't tell me they have been into my bag. I have been out of town a lot in the last month so don't unpack my small bag.
    The bedroom was strewn with stuff from my bag that had dragged from the closet. Clue to who did it could be black and furry even though he denies it.
    Hand crème chewed, papers from work, Australian money and other bits. scattered around. A bag of sweet including wrappers have gone, and who knows what else eaten. I am just glad I took my meds from the bag this morning. The covers had been pulled off the bed and 2 pillows chewed.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Marleys Mom is offline Junior Member

And I was thinking of getting my Marley a brother to keep him busy when we were out....uh...now...no. Lol. So far, at seven months, he is allowed out of his crate while we go to dinner or lunch for a max of 3 hours per week. We block off the doors to all rooms but the downstairs and one bedroom that has nothing he can get hurt on. We put ipads, shoes and things in a closed room, etc. No problems so far, we have done this for about a month now. He has been such a good boy so far, but I felt he needed a buddy. After reading this, he doesn't need any bright ideas from an accomplice. Lol
    Last edited by Marleys Mom; 05-09-2013 at 01:33 AM.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Ernie was 9 before he earned his "allowed to be alone" badge. He is now 11. There have been gates on all our rooms for 10 years. When he wants my attention he will go into a room he knows he isn't allowed in and get something.

Silly boy is now sick again. Sheesh. If only that boy realised he would feel better if he behaved.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Marleys Mom is offline Junior Member

And I notice Marley only tries to chew the furniture when we are home when we are reading newspapers, on computers, or watching tv to get our attention. Aren't they smart? I actually left the ipad up and recorded him our first time away and he just laid on the couch the whole time. I know many will frown on the couch thing, but we are new to this and soft in many ways...and they are covered with blankets. Lol The first time he destroys something, that's the end of that.

Samson is offline Senior Member

Oh Dear Chris ! They do like to throw in the odd spanner to keep you on their toes don't they !

Jasper has a delicate stomach as well and has twice had very bad GE through eating things that he shouldn't ! They never learn

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

They were just looking for the presents you were supposed to bring them from your trip.

KathyArch is offline Senior Member

Awww......even though they were naughty, it's a cute story. Hope Ernie is feeling better.

Crystal87 is offline Senior Member

Oh dear! This makes me wonder if Jaxx will ever be able to be unattended. I never had a problem with cocker spaniels once they were a year or so old... but this if my first lab!

I hope your dogs are feeling better and maybe they learned a valuable lesson about how edible things are!

Jaxx - 12/5/12
    Missy - 12/29/12

Sedona is offline Senior Member

Oh Erns!!!! You just keep mom on her toes all the time. Now your belly is upset again.

Isn't it great to have a sister

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Oh Chris, what a pain! I, too, wish they would understand that getting into things makes them sick. How much easier our lives would be if we could just get them to understand that much. The simple mischief is not such a big deal, but when something is really bad for them, that's so different.

I hope Erns is feeling better.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast