Ticks coming in the house on the dog

Thread: Ticks coming in the house on the dog

sjcoregon6 is offline Junior Member

QuestionTicks coming in the house on the dog

In December we took in a 6yr old black lab. She has been great with oir little kids and has fit into the family well. She was inside most the winter but now is learning to like being outside now that its warming up. We live in a very rural area on a small farm and she gets to roam around the property when she is outside.
    The problem comes now tht I m starting to find ticks inside the house. Non attached to the dog or cat (indoor/outdoor) but I'm guessing coming in on them. We do bio spot on both animals. I also feel them over before they come in the house. Iv looked at using Revolution on them but it says it covers deer ticks. What we are getting is Brown Dog Ticks.
    Anyone have a recommendations for what I can do to keep ticks out of the house without vanishing the dog and cat outside? Its not fair to her but I can't have ticks in the house especially with small children.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Garth is offline Registered Users

Have you tried a tick collar?

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Speaking of ticks this morning I found a little brown one on the top of my tennis shoe before I put it on. Glad I saw it.

Having any kind of bug in the house kinda freaks me out, especially ticks. I start checking my hair immediately! I would say use the monthly tick prevention and check the dog before she comes into the house.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

sjcoregon6 is offline Junior Member

I thought that the BioSpot was for the external pests. Is there a better poduct?
    Iv never used tick collars. Do they work? Any specific brand work better than others? Are they safe around kids?
    Last edited by sjcoregon6; 05-08-2013 at 11:03 AM. Reason: add question

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

I use Vectra 3D, have only seen 1 tick in almost 2 years. We also live in a rural area with lots of ticks.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

Jefferson'n'Ted is offline Senior Member

Vectra 3D! That is what I give also.
    “If I know every single phone call you’ve made, I’m able to determine every single person you’ve talked to; I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here, is what do they do with this information that they collect – that does not have anything to do with al-Qaeda? And we’re gonna trust the president and the vice president that they’re doing the right thing? Don’t count me in on that.”
    Joe Biden, 2006

dweck is offline Senior Member

Blglglglglglglglglgl You have absolutely hit on one of my sore spots about dog ownership. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate TICKS! Can you tell they make my skin crawl??

Worst part is: I come back from a walk and find more on ME than on Parker.

//shiver//

I've been suggesting this for years: Frontline for people!

Kelrobin Cleveland Street Denizen, CGC, RN [Parker]

"Dear George: Remember, no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings. Love, Clarence" -- IAWL Screenplay (1946)