Houdini Haana

Thread: Houdini Haana

fanny&eddiesmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultHoudini Haana

Just one of her very many nicknames.

The house behind us has two yellow labs. they have a stockade fence with a couple of boards missing out of it. On our side of that fence we have a 3 foot high fence and forsythias. In the middle we have two sheds. Since we adopted Haana we have slowly but surely fenced in various areas of our backyard so that she doesn't hurt herself or get into some other trouble with the dogs in the surrounding houses. Because she insisted on going behind the sheds and the pool and trying to get to the labs in back through the whole in their fence we put a piece of plastic trellis and some chicken wire up. JJ was in on this too and he makes more noise than Haana and Eddie.

About a month ago she learned how to climb. The trellis and then the foot of chicken wire that rises above the trellis. But then she can't get out. Last week, she and Eddie went climbing and that is unusual for him, and we had to get them out at about 10 pm..........So hubby thinking he was smart put some plastic garden chairs up against the fence blocking her off. She climbed those, then the chicken wire......... when we get her out we have to undo a gate which we have blocked by a wheelbarrow I have learned to bring a leash with me..........

Until yesterday morning, on the phone with my sister whom I haven't spoken to in a while, there is Haana behind the fence again. So I get her out and while struggling to get the gate and wheelbarrow back in place Haana trots off and just as I get the cord in place there she is back behind the fence again! NO CAMERA! She was on her hind legs leaning on our little fence with her head through the hole in the other fence looking for the dogs! It was all I could do not to laugh out loud. So I got her leash and got the whole thing undone again, got her out and into the house.

Eddie,meanwhile, followed me around attached to my kneecaps so he wouldn't miss anything, but staying out of trouble.........

A new fence in front of the fence, in front of the fence, will be put up tonight..........mind you with her climbing expertise I am not sure it won't be a waste of money..........

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Oh my, she is a character! I wonder how long it will take her to figure out the new fence...
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

A very determined little girl, I'd say!

Seamus and Flynn

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Ha what a sight that must have been

fanny&eddiesmom is offline Senior Member

The new fence is almost done, will be completed tonight. I will post pics later - I have the blockade pics taken and will add the new.

She stood looking at it last night - hmmmmm. But couldn't figure it out.........