Still fighting for Bo...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still fighting for Bo...

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

DefaultStill fighting for Bo...

I am getting the rest of my stuff tomorrow. We are still in negotiations about Bo. He's being pretty clear that if he doesn't go to me, he will go somewhere else. I told him, his dog, his decision, but please consult me before you make a final decision so I can be a sounding board with input as first he suggested giving Bo to his buddy who is in a bad marriage and thinking of leaving his wife. It's a dog, not a yo-yo, stop bouncing the poor thing around to broken homes.

I will have to push this into over drive and have him stop being so wishy washy and just make a decision as he is using Bo as a lifeline to me. I'm just having a really hard time deciding what my deadline will be. When will I just walk away and put Bo out of my mind. Having a really hard time knowing he isn't properly cared for and not knowing what will happen to him. I wish I had a secret hideaway place and had just taken him with me when we left the first time, I would have totally left everything I owned behind for Bo.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

That is so sad the way he is using Bo. Do you really think he is willing to rehome Bo or is just his way of keeping a hold on you? Will he want or request visitation as a "condition" to let you have him? Sending him to another bad relationship does not sound like a very good idea at all. Dogs are so sensitive and it just sounds like he has been through enough. Be careful Roxy, I do hope Bo ends up with you, poor guy.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

I don't know, Rox. As difficult as it may be to turn your back on Bo, if you take him there's still a connection. Who knows when he might decide he wants Bo back?!? Or insists on "dropping by" to see him, unannounced. If it were me I wouldn't risk that, no matter how badly I felt for the dog. That guy never mentioned wanting to rehome Bo before all this, so why now? I think it's just a manipulation on his part.

Seamus and Flynn

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CindersMyGirl is offline Senior Member

I would think giving you Bo would be more of a lifeline than giving him to someone else. If he was using him to keep in touch with you once you take your stuff out of his house he'll hand him over if that was the incentive. That's what I would think.

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

I am so with Nancy on this. Red flags flying all over the place.

kaisdad is offline Senior Member

If the dog is being abused contact the SPCA and let them deal with the problem. Move on.

bett is offline Senior Member

run as fast as you can. and hope he does the right thing with the dog.or report him as an abuser, if that's what you really think.

you hear about divorcing couples, using the kids?
    no different.

HarveysMum is offline Senior Member

As much as I feel for Bo, I do agree with Nance on this. If you can have Bo and stil sever all ties, then go for it, but i doubt he is going to let that happen. (((hugs)))

joflake is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jane View Post
    I am so with Nancy on this. Red flags flying all over the place.
    I agree, too. Rehoming wasn't an issue before, why now. As sad as it may be, I think you need to cut all ties with this guy, that means Bo too, otherwise, you'll never be rid of him.

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Total manipulation on his part, the man is a liar, can't trust anything he says or does. The rehoming now decision is likely due to my insistence, as he is unable to see things as they are.

I have given a deadline of this Sunday. If he gives me Bo he will sign a contract that is witnessed that he will be giving up all rights of ownership and no visitations allowed - as he hates being told what to do, I am sure that ends it right there. But I also mentioned that should he truly be terminally ill or so depressed that he feels there is a chance he will decide to check out by his own hand (he keeps telling me via text he is in a SYOTOS mode right now), he needs to draw up a Will or other doc with my name & contact info indicating Bo comes to me if he is no longer "with us" or in a mental/physical state he can no longer care for Bo.

I can feel in my gut I will be walking away from Bo as of Sunday. That really sucks, if ever a dog needed a loving home... I could call SPCA but they won't do anything just because he's verbally abusive to Bo and I did not witness any physical harm other than him grabbing Bo by the scruff one day and dragging him over simply because he would not come to him.

The emotional rollercoaster of this entire situation is so bloody taxing. While the little weekend getaway at my friends was nice, I just could not really fully relax. Think I'll need a sledgehammer to get the knots out of my shoulders. Diesel Dawg is being such a trooper! I gave him a nice massage yesterday of his neck, shoulders, legs and back, and of course those lovely velvet triangle ears! Just wish he had opposable thumbs to reciprocate LOL. Gonna be a long day, off to get the rest of our stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast