Dogs And Computers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dogs And Computers

D Bros. is offline Senior Member

DefaultDogs And Computers

I never had this problem with Deacon. Diesel, on the other hand...

Well, I couldn't make it into work today. I sprained my ankle on the basement stairs last night, and since it was still pretty swollen and painful this morning, I elected to stay home rather than go to work and tear it up even more. Have to go see the doc this afternoon to get a release for work.

So, I'm sitting at the computer this morning with an icepack on the ankle, just checking out dog forums and stuff. Twice in this time Diesel turns my damn computer off! The first time he hit the power button with his kong, shutting it down. I fire it back up and go back to what I was looking at. A little later, he's seeking attention and hits the reboot button with his tail. Damn dog....seriously, bud...do I need to make some kind of protective cage to go over the buttons on the tower?!
    My Lab is smarter than your honor student.

Deacon 12/1/1999-4/2/2012 RIP, bestest boy.
    Diesel 3/29/2010 My little hard charger.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

KathyArch is offline Senior Member

Jack has turned my husbands x-box on and off before. We're still not sure if it was a fluke or intended. He hit it with his nose turning it on, sat down and stared at the TV...hit it with his nose turning it off, Then about 5 minutes later repeated the process. Maybe he wanted to play a game?

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Buddy and Champ used to hit the on/off button on my old computer fairly often, as it stuck out on the side of the frame in front. Get a fat Lab butt wiggling around trying to get attention, and *click.*

With the tower I have now, the button is inset a bit, can't be bumped with a butt. Of course, now that I've said that, it will get hit just right with a toy ...
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Crystal87 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by amazongold View Post
    Buddy and Champ used to hit the on/off button on my old computer fairly often, as it stuck out on the side of the frame in front. Get a fat Lab butt wiggling around trying to get attention, and *click.*

With the tower I have now, the button is inset a bit, can't be bumped with a butt. Of course, now that I've said that, it will get hit just right with a toy ...
    Both Jaxx and Missy have turned off the lap top with a wiggly tail, or in Missy's case a butt-sit on the edge of the laptop. Thank goodness she's still little!

Jaxx unplugged the vacuum cleaner last week though! Quite possibly a fluke. He ducked his nose under the cord and jerked his head. :P

Jaxx - 12/5/12
    Missy - 12/29/12

Beerfish is offline Senior Member

I left my computer on, came back after a few minutes and this was on the screen.

10 Goto refrijerrator
    20 Get chunc of chesseeee for dawg
    30 Gyve dawg chesseee
    40 Goto 10

I eyed my dog 'Nibbs' with suspicion. He may not have mastered spell check yet.

joflake is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I left my computer on, came back after a few minutes and this was on the screen.

10 Goto refrijerrator
    30 Gyve dawg chesseee
    40 Goto 10

Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post

10 Goto refrijerrator
    30 Gyve dawg chesseee
    40 Goto 10

Now, that's funny! Maybe I should count myself lucky that all he does is turn it off.

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

He was just trying to get your attention! Did you actually think you were going to take an extra day off work and not spend the day focused on Diesel? You silly, silly man! You will know better next time!
    Serioudly though. I do hope you are feeling better soon. I did that one time and it was very painful. Took a long time for the swelling to go down and the bruising to go away. Thank goodness it was warm weather because flip flops were all I could get on my feet for about 2 months.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

Crystal87 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tammyhuffman View Post
    He was just trying to get your attention! Did you actually think you were going to take an extra day off work and not spend the day focused on Diesel? You silly, silly man! You will know better next time!
    Serioudly though. I do hope you are feeling better soon. I did that one time and it was very painful. Took a long time for the swelling to go down and the bruising to go away. Thank goodness it was warm weather because flip flops were all I could get on my feet for about 2 months.
    Valid point. Why on earth would we think being home is for anything other than quality time with our dogs?

Jaxx - 12/5/12
    Missy - 12/29/12

That's true. How could I forget?!

Well, he did get some good quality time. Since I spent most of the day in my recliner with my feet up and an ice pack on the ankle, he spent quite a bit of time on my lap. We napped, hung out, and generally had a decent day. Except for the ankle, tho. It is better, thanks. The swelling was way down by this morning, and I could walk on it if I wrapped it tight. Work sucked,but I gobbled ibuprofen all day, and spent some time with the icepack when I got home.

Time to go eat and give my boy his lap time for the evening. He gets a bit irritated if I eat too late in the evening, and he doesn't get to climb up and snuggle by a certain time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast