A little laugh
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little laugh

Destinfam5 is offline Senior Member

DefaultA little laugh

My 8 yr old took Ivy (12 wk old pup today) into my bedroom to play on the kindle. I had a roll of paper towels in there on my bed. Somehow he knocked them off my bed, forgot to shut my door and left the room... Ivy went to town making sure to get every last bit of paper off the roll and make it look like it snowed in my room. I walk into my room, look around and say "Marcus!" and when he walks into the room he starts to laugh and says "it looks like Ivy had a party in here. I bet she had fun".

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

That's part of the charm - you got to love 'em! We need pictures of this scene and the criminal!!!

tkeizer is offline Senior Member

Yes, you shouldn't make accusations unless you have the proof to back it up -- pics are a must!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoatDog View Post
    That's part of the charm -
    Yes it is! Until this post about Ivy's new adventure I had forgotten that Paddy went through his (VERY brief) stage of stealing toilet tissue paper rolls (full ones) from the bathroom and "de-feathering" them. He would "pfffft" those little soft chunks of paper out and worry to death the ones left on his lips. We actually allowed that to happen a few times for our own entertainment and then we began the corrections. Paddy was FAST with corrections, so it was all good.

Seamus and Flynn

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

Bauer also went through a "rolled-paper connoisseur" phase. Toilet paper, paper towel . . . he LOVED them. He would unroll and rip it apart with glee.

I agree that pics are a must next time.
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

I really hope she doesn't do it again but I will make sure to take pictures if she does!

Reina went through this phase as well and we would purposely give her rolled up newspapers and watch her go nuts with it. But she would only do it to paper I gave her, this one looks for paper 24/7.

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Champ STILL delights in shredding any paper on a roll. I cannot leave the toilet paper on the intended roller on the wall next to the toilet, or it ends up partially shredded and mostly ingested.

Remember the roll of toilet paper where he managed to remove the cardboard roll from the center and leave the first square of paper still stuck down to the rest of the roll? I saved that one!

toilet paper 002.jpgtoilet paper 003.jpg
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by amazongold View Post
    Champ STILL delights in shredding any paper on a roll. I cannot leave the toilet paper on the intended roller on the wall next to the toilet, or it ends up partially shredded and mostly ingested.

Remember the roll of toilet paper where he managed to remove the cardboard roll from the center and leave the first square of paper still stuck down to the rest of the roll? I saved that one!

toilet paper 002.jpgtoilet paper 003.jpg
    How funny. Ivy removes the roll first. I wonder what draws them to that? I know she loves playing with them!

doubletrouble25 is offline Senior Member

haha that is too funny! I would love to see pics of that scene as well. Kai LOVES paper towels, toilet paper.. really any type of paper as well! and as soon as I see she has paper and try to use the leave it command or get it from her she goes butt tucking around the apartment at full speed with it haha

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

I think it is part of lab puppy DNA. Every one I have ever had found utter joy in shredding paper towels and toilet paper. Maxx is 21 months old and I just put the toilet paper back on the holder. I can't wait to see if he notices and what will happen when he does.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast