Head Tremors - Anybody have experience with these?

Thread: Head Tremors - Anybody have experience with these?

tkeizer is offline Senior Member

DefaultHead Tremors - Anybody have experience with these?

It's not the first time this has happened, but I dismissed it the first time and it's been months since it happened. However, it happened again last night -- Aila was on the sofa with me and she was resting her chin on my leg and her head (only her head) was uncontrollably shaking from side to side. It was a gentle shaking, but it was noticeable. When I would lift her chin up off my leg, the shaking stopped. She was awake and alert and didn't seem to be affected by it, but it is a bit worrisome. Not sure if it warrants a call to the vet or not as Aila just had her check up about a month ago and was in perfect health. I think it's probably one of those things that unless it happens in front of the doctor, it's going to be hard to diagnose.

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

javasmom is offline Senior Member

Yup, the very same thing has happened with Moka 3-4 times.
    She is alert, not scared, not dazed or anything...so I don't think it was a seizure.
    She has full control of herself....but her head [I]quivers[U], not necessarily shakes. When I said her name she would turn to look at me. It lasted about 10-15 seconds each time and didn't seem to bother her at all.
    It happened randomnly, no rhyme or reason.
    I did mention it to the vet at her annual exam. They checked her bloodwork and everything looked great.

No idea what it is, but because she always seems ok I haven't been too concerned about it...yet. It hasn't happened in about 6 months.

Funny...but Aila and Moka are almost the same age. Moka will be 4 in August.

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Yes. Seamus has experienced these mysterious head tremors twice in his life (he's 10 years). One episode about a month ago and the other one was two or three years ago. As Javasmom said about Moka, Seamus was alert, he knew his name, and the event lasted, oh, I don't remember. It was a very short period of time (seconds? a couple of minutes?).

Having lived with an epileptic dog (Flynn) for so many years it initially scared me to death but I got straightened out on that. I think something he ate made him feel ill. You know how you feel if you're about to throw up? You can get all weak in the knees and cold and clammy and, yes, even a little shakey? Shea's event was like that.

Seamus and Flynn

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

When Judy was younger, every so often I noticed a different look on her face, and if I feel the side of her head, it was like a vibration...lasted less than a half minute. It wasn't often, but I worried. It has been years (she's11 now) since it happened.

tkeizer is offline Senior Member

Thanks - I think I'll just monitor it. I don't think it's anything serious and Aila seems perfectly fine before, during and after.