He's gone
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: He's gone

Pam
    Pam is offline Senior Member

DefaultHe's gone

I've been a member here since 2000 or 2001 and used to come here every day. When Buddy got his own Myspace account then moved on to Facebook, I got lax and visited here occasionally. I'm sure there are many here who still remember us. It is with the heaviest heart I've ever had I must tell you my boy has gone to the bridge. It was 5 days short of his 15th birthday. He could have held on but I couldn't let him suffer. His bad back (diagnosed years ago with Cauda Equina Syndrome) finally took over. He had trouble getting up and standing more than a few minutes. He was so healthy otherwise. His last bloodwork was better than "on the money." Our vet said he was in better condition than some 4 and 5 year olds. He had 11 surgeries in his time. Mostly lump removals. None were deadly, just uncomfortable. He had root canals and had surgery for larynx paralysis but he never spent a single night at the vet. The minute he woke up, he came home with me to mend.
    I got him a year after my husband passed away and my oldest moved out to go to college. Needless to say, he filled a huge void in my heart but now that he is gone, I feel like a cannonball went through my midsection. I know it won't be repaired. When my house gets sold, I'm heading back to where we should have been a long time ago, i.e., back to NY and I will be living in a senior apt. building. They have restrictions on dogs. After having a 99 lb. lab for 15 years, a 25 lb. dog isn't going to cut it. It's just as well because there will never be any dog that could fill his pawprints. He was unique. I wrote a book about him. The tribute he is still receiving on Facebook is amazing. My phone doesn't stop ringing and the cards and letters are nonstop. People we never met have been writing to me telling me what an impact just hearing about him has made on them. A friend with relatives as far away as India hastold me family members cried when they learned of his passing and they never knew him. He was just a happy lab and everyone fell in love with his smile.
    Take time out of every day to hug and kiss your baby(ies) and tell them how much you love them. I miss mine so much I can hardly breathe.
    Pam a/k/a Pam Buddysmom on Facebook

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

I remember you, Pam. I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved boy. Rest in Peace, Buddy and Godspeed.
    Last edited by BigBrownDog; 04-08-2013 at 10:43 PM.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Sedona is offline Senior Member

Hugs to you. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Isn't it great to have a sister

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Pam
    Pam is offline Senior Member

thank you. I'm having a very hard time dealing with this. I appreciate your kind words.

dstyer65 is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I will take your advice and give mine a hug everyday. I pray you get peace and hope in time the memories give you some joy.
    Todd, Yellow Lab, 1/4/13
    Mr. Utley, Welsh Corgi, 2/20/02

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry to hear about Buddy! My heart goes out to you. Run free Buddy!

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

I am so very sorry for your loss. RIP Buddy, run free.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

Oh I am so sorry for your loss.....what a special boy you had! (((((hugs)))))

Tucker is offline Senior Member

I remember you too Pam...I am so sorry...I am actually sitting at my computer crying as I am typing...I remember you from years ago - I had recently gotten Tucker and Buddy was only a couple years old...I am struggling to find words, but my heart goes out to you during this difficult time

Destinfam5 is offline Senior Member

I feel like I have so much to say to you but I know it's not enough. But you know loss and you know that one day you'll wake up again feeling like you can breathe. Your heart is a little heavier and you may drown in sorrow for longer than expected, but soon enough you won't be living moment to moment and each day will come faster.

I just lost my 14 yr old lab not even 2 months ago. Putting her down while my husband is in Afghanistan was a double blow and your situation makes my heart ache. I am only saying this to let you know that I understand. I'm so sorry you lost your buddy, especially when he was what helped hold you together after the loss of your husband.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast