Games

Thread: Games

AmyA92 is offline Junior Member

Red faceGames

Sophie and I are always playing fetch...it is what her world revolves around. She doesn't particularly care for a frisbee but just her green fuzzy ball. Anybody play any fun games with their pups? Were always playing hide-n-seek, too! Everytime she finds me she jumps with joy and her tail goes about 100 miles an hour

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

We play "Find It," a form of hide-n-seek (but I hide his toys instead). He is really, really good at it. I put him in a sit/stay in one room, hide a toy, and tell him to "Find it." We have been doing this for a long time, and he knows all of the names of his toys. We make the game harder by hiding many toys, and telling him which one to find. He loves this game! We also play a lot of fetch, and which toy he prefers to fetch is different on any given day.
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

AmyA92 is offline Junior Member

That sounds like a good idea too! Will have to try that!! She only knows the word ball though, that is impressive he knows the name of his toys!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BauersMom View Post
    We play "Find It," a form of hide-n-seek (but I hide his toys instead). He is really, really good at it. I put him in a sit/stay in one room, hide a toy, and tell him to "Find it." We have been doing this for a long time, and he knows all of the names of his toys. We make the game harder by hiding many toys, and telling him which one to find. He loves this game! We also play a lot of fetch, and which toy he prefers to fetch is different on any given day.
    Bauer is freaking awesome!
    My chocolate - Nadja use to be a gamer to the extreme and I loved it. If you didn't play with Nadja, she had ways of making you play
    Mya - she is just right........but I have to initiate it. How do they do it these labs of ours? They are all so different yet so much alike!!

KathyArch is offline Senior Member

Jack also loves to fetch his ball. We play hide and seek with his toys as well and he loves that, too. I often say he has a larger vocabulary then some people I know. His all time favorite is a combination of this. We have a chuck it, which can really send his ball flying.....There are some woods on the back side of our yard and if we chuck the ball into the woods he not only gets to fetch it, he gets to find it first. He loves this. He'll run around zig-zagging until he finds it and he's sooo proud and happy when he brings it back

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Shadow would pick up her toys and bring them to me so I could put them in her toy box. She would pick up anything, and often amazed people with what she would pick up, hold very delicately, and deposit gently into their hand. She loved catching frisbees, but because she kept injuring her shoulder we had to stop that kind of play. I could throw the ball and then let her go get it - no big leaps, sudden stops, or quick turns that way - but she missed her frisbees.

The boys are not 'mouthy' and not into picking anything up or carrying anything. Buddy will chase a tennis ball maybe 3 or 4 times, max, then he's done. Champ will chase any ball you throw for him, for as long as you will keep throwing.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

joflake is offline Senior Member

Dixie's not so big on the fetching. She will chase the ball, but prefers to fling it around and play with it instead of bringing it back.

We also play find it, and hide n seek.