tank.....

Thread: tank.....

deidra is offline Senior Member

Defaulttank.....

Tank is my first old man. In his younger years he was a total pita. He still likes to show that side sometimes.but as he has aged he became my "wise guy". I only have to give him a look and he knows what to do. He is really "into" me and is my Velcro dog. He hates being away from me. Every morning as I walk to the bus stop he will just stare at me. He also knows when I am coming home.when my friend drops me off he is at the window waiting. He is always so happy to see me. Sometimes he gets so excited farts. We usually race out of the kitchen when that happens!!! He is getting more and more grays and his hips are getting worse. He is so stoic though that he doesn't show a lot of pain and pushes through it. Tank is only 7/8 years old but sometimes I wonder if the next day will be the last. He has been through a lot and I am hoping these last 6 years have been good. He has given me scares....running away last July, getting hit by a car, jumping a fence and getting his paw stuck, and when he was falling on a few walks.but with all the heart attacks he has given me I love him. He has his issues. He thinks anything "rodent like" is a snack, he is a friendly dog but with some he is very aggressive too which limits where I can take him, he has some dog aggression but not near as bad as it used to be. I would not have it any other way though. I love him for the way he is. Tank is also a great at cuddling. Sometimes when I am upset it is good to just be able to lay down and cuddle with him.

Sorry for this longish post but tank was having problems today and I needed to get some things off my chest. I hope I have many more years with him.

Sorry if I was all over the place but I just typed what is was thinking.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

That is a lovely tribute to Tank, Deidra. It is a wonderful thing to grow up with a Lab and to be able to share your dreams, fears, happiness and even tears with. I pray you have many more years with Tank, you are lucky to have each other.
    Last edited by tammyhuffman; 04-06-2013 at 09:14 PM.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.