Scary day at the beach...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scary day at the beach...

boonesmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultScary day at the beach...

We went to the beach for Easter. Of course, Boone came along. Hubby, son, me and Boone were just walking along the beach and enjoying the day when all of sudden a pit bull comes from probably 75 yards away and attacks Boone. And before you can blink, here comes another one. Boone was taken completely by surprise. The owners were right there and had to take a plastic beach shovel and pound on the one dog to get him off Boone. They yanked the other one off by its collar. My husband were trying to get to Boone and finally was able to pull him to safety. I stood there in horror....Luckily, Boone suffered no bad effects except for a puncture wound on his upper neck. We didn't see that until we got to the motel room but it seems to be okay. The owners were very apologetic but really !?!?!? Should you have dogs like that on a public beach and not have complete control over them ? We are so lucky that he wasn't injured or killed. I am still waking up at night with a start, thinking about how bad it could be.
    Other than that, we all had a great time and Boone is ready to go back to one of his favorite places.

boone and joann
    oregon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

You should report them to the police. What if they attacked a child. If Boone were a small dog, he would have been gone.
    I'm so glad Boone is all right.

Rukus&Dozer is offline Senior Member

Oh my gosh!! How scary!

I agree that they should be reported to police. That type of behavior is unacceptable.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

classiq is offline Senior Member

It could have been so much worse-- they could have come after you,your son or husband. Not saying that coming after Boone wasn't bad enough. So glad you're all okay. Boone was one lucky boy with only one puncture wound. Wow what a day at the beach.

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

I also agree, call the police. Dogs that aggressive should NEVER be off leash let alone in a public area where other dogs and small children are. The owners are completely at fault. Keep an eye on that puncture wound, they can get infected easily. I am glad Boone was not badly hurt and seems to be unaffected by the incident.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

Labmom2Sun is offline Senior Member

That must have been so scary. Poor Boone, and poor you. Glad it wasn't worse.

I agree with the others about reporting the incident.

Laura, mom of Sundance, CGC
    born 1/16/06

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tammyhuffman View Post
    I also agree, call the police. Dogs that aggressive should NEVER be off leash let alone in a public area where other dogs and small children are. The owners are completely at fault. Keep an eye on that puncture wound, they can get infected easily. I am glad Boone was not badly hurt and seems to be unaffected by the incident.
    ^THAT!^
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

I think I would pursue them to the gates of hell to get their last name and town they are from and report it to that police station. If those dogs have not got a complaint against them yet they will in the future.
    I am so glad that your Boone is okay........how horrific!

serenitydad is offline Member

It may be too late for the police. Pit bull owners can be very nice people. A friend of mine is a vociferous supporter of the breed, consistently telegraphing the fact that they are nice dogs who are turned bad by some owners. The FACT is that I have never heard of a pack of Labrador retrievers ripping a toddler to shreds. The breed has something very volatile in its DNA.
    True ambition is the deep desire to live usefully and walk humbly in God's grace. - Bill Wilson

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

So glad that Boone is okay, agree with Tammy to keep an eye on the bite. I would still report it to the police, I don't think it is too late to do so. I'm glad he seems unaffected, and hope you can start to sleep better at night. So scary for you all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast