What is my Little Man?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is my Little Man?

ChocolateFury is offline Junior Member

DefaultWhat is my Little Man?

Ok, so at birth I was told he was a lab mix. She couldn't exactly put her finger on it, but she said "mostly lab" At first my Vet told me he looked fully lab. She simply said some labs are naturally thin and a little less furry. She reassured me his appearance wasn't unusual. I changed vets because I went away to school. The new vet tech gave me a peculiar look when I said he was full lab, and suggested i mark lab mix. Around 5-6 months it became evident he wasn't full lab. at that age he was about 25-30 lbs. All of his siblings were and still are double his weight and size. He wasn't the runt of the litter when I got him, but he had an EXTREMELY bad case of parasites for a extended period of time. He's healthy now, but I still can't put my finger on his breed. I saw Vizsla lab mix, because that's what he looks like to me. He also has all of the characteristics. He's just a bit smalle. He's currently 10 months and 45 lbs. I'm not sure how tall he is, but I consider him pretty small. When sitting his head comes almost mid thigh. What do you guys think? I've also gotten Lab pit, but i don't think he is. HE faces is too narrow and his chest too deep (vizsla)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

wow, my dog makes very dramatic faces... I never realized that.

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

I am not sure, he does look a lot like a field lab + ?. He sure is a cutie and obviously you love him so just call him a lab mix and be done with it! As for pit in him, I don't see that at all.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

he looks like a very cute pup. maybe some pointer type breed. labs are overbred by anyone and everyone (leading to the breed having a huge range in looks) he could just be a lab.

the prong is not fitted properly in your photos, it is too loose (and hopefully always removed when not actively training/walking on leash).

amazongold is offline Senior Member

I certainly do not see any pit; possibly Viszla, or pointer, but also possibly just a backyard-bred Lab. Whatever, he's adorable and you love him, so that's all that matters!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

I have to agree with the other replies, what matters most is you love him regardless of what he is or isn't!!!

As for what other breed might be in his gene pool, could be Viszla or a pointer breed, but I do not see any pit there.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

Kori is offline Senior Member

Agree with the other responses. He sure is a cutie, love his intense look.

KathyArch is offline Senior Member

I totally agree with alll the above. He's very handsome, and does have a very expressive face. At first glance when I saw the first picture with the long thin face....I thought Doberman. A friend of mine used to have a red Doberman with uncut ears.....strong resembalance. But I'm no expert. Just a thought. You love him ~ that's the important thing.

I stole this picture of a red Doberman off the internet....just something in the nose...
    Kipper_Red_Doberman_P1070637.JPG
    Last edited by KathyArch; 04-03-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Sedona is offline Senior Member

I'm not sure, but he is a beautiful boy.

Isn't it great to have a sister

Thanks everyone! I'm aware that his collar is a bit big, but when I remove another link it seems a bit snug. We've been working on a lot of out door training, but it's been very difficult to keep up with because of the cold weather. I'm also a full time student who is employed part time. I work ever day of the week, so it's difficult to squeeze it all in. SUmmer break is fast approaching. I know we'll have plenty of time together around then.

I initially guessed pointer due to his face and some coat details you can't really see in the photos. His hind legs look a lot like that of a German shrt haired, but he didn't seem big enough. we ran into a 9 month old short haired who was double his size.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast