New member, new pup!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New member, new pup!

cmndrJOE is offline Member

DefaultNew member, new pup!

Hi guys! My name is Joe. Due to some technicalities with the forum authentication emails, I've been lurking the forum here for a few days, but haven't been able to post... until now! Lol, anywho, meet Bear! He's a 5.5 month old black lab/aussie shepherd mix. It's hard to tell he's got anything other than lab in him (as you can see from his pictures). I adopted him from the SPCA on saturday. Poor guy had it rough. He's been adopted and abandoned twice before. The spca picked him up every time, and the info on his microchip was always disconnected and/or the home he was registered to was vacant. I adopted on account that our other rescue Lucy (half corgie, half daschund) wouldn't leave his side as soon as she set eyes on him. They're already best of friends lol. Dont get the wrong impression, we were looking to adopt another pup saturday, Lucy just made the decision incredibly easy for me lol. He loves the girlfriends kids, is "mostly" potty trained, and already has sit and lay down trained. He likes to halfway play fetch, halfway meaning he'll go and get the ball, bring it back, but hasn't quite figured out to let it go. Heh he'll learn. Anywho, without further ado, Bear!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Welcome! Bear is a cutie, thank you for rescuing him From his pics he looks like he will keep you on your toes... very mischievous face he has!

Garth is offline Registered Users

I hate to be the bearer (no pun intended) of bad news but you'll have to change his name. My boy is already called Bear & he doesn't want any competition.

JK! Nice Pup! You can definitely see the Aussie in pics 2 & 3.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

dek
    dek is offline Senior Member

Welcome, Bear! Congrats on your new home

D Bros. is offline Senior Member

In that last pic, he looks like he's got something planned for you. I'd watch out.

Cute pup.
    My Lab is smarter than your honor student.

Deacon 12/1/1999-4/2/2012 RIP, bestest boy.
    Diesel 3/29/2010 My little hard charger.

@ Diesel: Haha he's always up to no good. I made the mistake of leaving him in the house when I left for work yesterday. I had to buy new blinds. Lmao. Mistake on my part, and won't happen again for a while.

@ Garth: That's what the spca had named him from day 1. He's fitting of Bear, he tore up my blinds like yogi in a picnic. Duke or ranger were my other choices, but look at that face. That's got Bear written all over it.

Kori is offline Senior Member

Congrats and thank you for rescuing him. He is a cutie, you can see the devil in his eyes, LOL!

georgie is offline Senior Member

He is adorable. Thanks for giving him a loving home. He looks like a real sweetheart.

@ D Bros: He's always scheming. Usually it's trying to figure out how to get on the couch.

@ Dek: he appreciates the support! He's settling in nicely

@ kori and georgie: Doesn't make sense to me to pay $$$ for puppies when there are plenty that would love to live with me. My parents always adopted when I was growing up. I guess I get it from them. I just hope I win the lottery soon so I can afford to take them all home with me next time!

classiq is offline Senior Member

Thank you Lucy for rescuing Bear, and thank you for taking them both into your life. He looks like a firecracker. Watch out he's up to no good.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast