such inconsistency!

Thread: such inconsistency!

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Defaultsuch inconsistency!

Honestly, do you ever wonder why your pup will obey certain commands perfectly, and then uses their 'selective hearing' for others?

Champ simply will not register the fact that he is not allowed in the kitchen. Buddy does not set foot in there unless I spill something and give the "Escapees!" release that they can clean up whatever it is. Champ is in there the second my back is turned.

Champ also cannot leave paper alone. Magazines, catalogs, napkins, paper towels, toilet paper - if it is within his reach, he will shred (and eat) it.

Now, they are trained not to touch their food when told "Wait." Once I give the "OK, break!" then they can eat.

Last night, the furnace was running. It's about 3' away from Champ's dish. When I gave the "Okay" for them to eat their beans, Champ didn't hear me. Buddy cleaned up his dish and I let him out, walked back to the kitchen, and there's Champ, in the Snoopy buzzard position over his dish, drooling into it, but not touching those green beans and kibble. I gave him the release again and he almost fell face first into the dish, he was in such a hurry to eat!

This has happened a couple of times before, where Champ didn't hear the release and waited an inordinate amount of time until someone noticed and gave him the release again. But to get him to leave paper alone or stay out of the kitchen? Fuhgeddabowdit!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

citronella is offline Senior Member

LOL
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

and there's Champ, in the Snoopy buzzard position over his dish,
    That made me laugh out loud. A Champ, indeed.

Seamus and Flynn

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Beerfish is offline Senior Member

I can relate, some things they are amazingly good at doing, others....they give the fake 'i am puzzled....I don't know know what you want me to do" look.

Kori is offline Senior Member

Snort

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Champ also cannot leave paper alone. Magazines, catalogs, napkins, paper towels, toilet paper - if it is within his reach, he will shred (and eat) it.
    OH no. I was hoping that Tony would outgrow this one.
    Champ didn't hear the release and waited an inordinate amount of time until someone noticed
    Bruno did this once. It was so funny, he was crying when I noticed.
    Their brains must have compartments: some titled "must obey" , others "go for it".
    Last edited by mitziandjudysmom; 03-27-2013 at 07:08 AM.

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

LOL! So very true it almost makes me laugh sometimes. They are too smart for their own good!

**mitziandjudysmom - As a puppy you could not leave paper items of any sort down or they were promptly "stolen" and chomped on by Maxx. Not that long ago I was able to return toilet paper to the holders, bathroom trash cans to the floor and he has not stolen or destroyed a piece of mail in ages. Now an unattended paper towel or tissue in his reach is a different story and he still makes an attempt to check pockets and will take them right from your hand if your not paying attention. He is now 20 months old and I am "hopeful" that someday he will finally get it completely! Perhaps there is the same hope for Tony! Although if Tony lived in my house he would probably get away with too much, that face of his is just too much!!
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

boonesmom is offline Senior Member

At almost 9 years old, we have to close all bedroom and bathroom doors before we leave Boone home. He loves paper, any kind--he is not picky.

I love that Champ waited to hear the release--looking like vulture Snoopy. I can see the wrinkles on the forehead and droopy lips. LOL

boone and joann
    oregon