Yuck Spray?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yuck Spray?

jls
    jls is offline Senior Member

DefaultYuck Spray?

Hi - Has anyone ever used yuck spray? We are trying to keep the cone on Tilly but the little magician has been able to get it off. We want to make sure she is not licking/biting her stiches. I think the spray is all natural but I don't want her ingesting anything that might be harmful. Also the reviews on Amazon were not very good so I am wondering if it actually works. Thanks!

Tilly

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Never heard of it! What is it made of? I am just not a fan of my dogs ingesting things that could make them sick if they got enough of it. Not saying this applies, I have never heard of "yuck spray") You could try one of the inflatable "donut" collars rather than the cone. Some dogs.adjust to them very well.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

citronella is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tammyhuffman View Post
    Never heard of it! What is it made of? I am just not a fan of my dogs ingesting things that could make them sick if they got enough of it. Not saying this applies, I have never heard of "yuck spray") You could try one of the inflatable "donut" collars rather than the cone. Some dogs.adjust to them very well.
    I agree with the donut collars. Was going to purchase one if I ever needed one. You could also try tabasco sauce, might be cheaper and at least you know what is in it.
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jls

This is the description and ingredients:
    Bitter yuck. The name says it all. New and improved formula. Twice as strong. Clear, non-sticky, and easy to apply spray will stop animals from chewing and gnawing on any number of problem areas. Inexpensive and non-staining. Can be used on any washable surface, indoors and outdoors. Bitter yuck. Is water based unlike other alcohol based products that can cause stinging, so it can be applied to wounds or bandages. Stops pets and horses from chewing on paws, furniture, hot spots, wounds, drapes, leg wraps, manes and tails.
    Rosemary .5%. Inert Ingredients: Water and Sodium Bicarbonate. [/B]

Tilly

jls

I just looked at the donut collar online. Her stitches are mostly on her back legs. It looks like she would still be able to get to them with the donut. May be worth a try anyway.

Tilly

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

I don't know. If it is a bitter apple spray I do know many who have tried it but just as many dogs that don't seem to really mind the taste. (Spiteful little stinkers, lol!) I personally would try the donut collar first but maybe someone else will have some different ideas. The donut collar always worked well for me. Good luck!
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

jls

So the donut collar didn't work at all! The large was too big and with the medium she had no problem reaching her stitches! Poor thing is back in her cone. Any other suggestions? We might have to try the Yuck spray...

Tilly

amazongold is offline Senior Member

I would not spray anything on an incision. It can too easily seep inside and cause possible problems.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by amazongold View Post
    I would not spray anything on an incision. It can too easily seep inside and cause possible problems.
    I agree! Pain, infection, drying of the skin, irritation . . . so many things could happen. I wouldn't put anything on it.

Do you have her cone attached to her collar?
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

If she is getting the e-collar off, it is not attached tightly enough. I've had several dogs wear them - one dog for several months - and you have to have it tight to the neck (not choking, but very snug).
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast