Tony!!!

Thread: Tony!!!

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultTony!!!

Whenever he's outside he eats acorns and twigs. (Large oak trees in the yard. The yard doesn't get completely cleaned up until spring.) Yesterday there was a piece of wood about an inch long, half inch across in his poop. That had to hurt. All I can do with him is take him outside on a leash every time so he doesn't get a blockage. He loves to run around in the yard playing with Bruno, but I can't take the chance.
    I hope keeping him on a leash, watching him like a hawk will help eventually to break the habit. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tucker is offline Senior Member

I have no comments/advice, but you picture is PRICELESS!! LOVE IT!!

Labradorable is offline Senior Member

The little stinker. I've been working on "trade" with Moose. He trades me sticks, pine cones and whatever else he finds for a treat. Seems to be working because now rather than running away he brings me things. For example last night he brought me a dead elder bug.
    ~Samantha
    Dozer (04/01/09) & Moose (01/02/13)
    Cybil (02/02/00 - 02/20/09)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

grlzmommy is offline Member

I love your pic too!!! Hunter is horrible with eating stuff he threw up a whole pair of my kids underwear the other day!!! I couldn't believe it! He loves the twigs too but has gotten better as he gets older, he's 5 months now I try to clean them up b/c being leashed in the backyard is no fun! I try to go out with him when he goes out back to make sure but it doesn't always happen, and I haven't seen as many stick remnants in his poop!
    HUNTER 10/15/2012
    Missing you every day Summer
    11/1/2004-09/26/2012

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

I've been working on "trade" with Moose. He trades me sticks, pine cones and whatever else he finds for a treat. Seems to be working because now rather than running away he brings me things.
    Good idea. I just tried;he does come as soon as he sees a treat for him instead of running away. He does drop sticks to take treat. But he doesn't get the concept of trade. Sometimes he swallows whatever before or as he comes for the treat. (He doesn't get the treat then.) Another problem, he may start to pick up something just to get a treat. You know how smart they are. But this method is worth working with.

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

I have a gigantic, ancient oak in my back yard. Acorns the size of fat pecans! In the years the oak sheds those acorns all my dogs eat them like popcorn. I'd spy one dog munching, give the "leave it" command and he did (Meg didn't eat them), while the other six would be snacking snacking snacking. When there were 7 in my mob, I never mastered the group "leave it" command. I'd get one or two, then another one, then another while the original one or two resumed munching acorns.

Nobody ever got sick as a result of this snack but it always concerned me.

Seamus and Flynn