A$$ Breath.....STINKY !!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A$$ Breath.....STINKY !!

fburke is offline Senior Member

DefaultA$$ Breath.....STINKY !!

I have 2 labs …a 3 year old Black Lab and a 1 ½ year old Chocolate Lab both have the same diet I fee them both Eukanuba dog food. However my Willow’s (Black Lab) breath is fine where my Autumns (Chocolate Lab) breath always smells like she just ate a pile of “recycled” dog food from the yard.

I do not think she is getting into anything from the yard that the other is not getting into …with the exception of the one half squirrel she brought in the house. ..I just can’t figure out why her breath is always so stinky.

Is there anything I can do or try?. ..Autumn is such a cuddle Lab…she is always in your face trying to lick you..and at night she loves to wiggle inbetween my wife and I …it would just be so much more pleasant if her breath didn’t smell like poo…

Any Ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Have you checked her teeth? Or just tried brushing them. HK is the first dog that I have ever brushed teeth for. Sure, it is because she needed to have it done because of an enamel problem she has. But its really not hard, and once she got used to it, she doesn't run from the toothbrush anymore. That only took 6 months.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

She could be eating "recycled" dog food. Some dogs just seem to have a taste for it. But, just to be on the safe side, you might want to take her to the vet. Bad breath can be a sign of some health problems- ranging from bad/dirty teeth to infections and internal problems.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Teeth yes, I actually keep a close eye on this in fact my Vet has always commended me on my dogs oral health…between the rawhide and marrow bones I give them their teeth and gums are always in great shape…soem of the best he has seen so I don’t think this is an issue

justine is offline Senior Member

Hmm. How long do you think her breath has been bad? I wonder if there might be a tooth issue that you can't readily see. Sometimes a tooth can have a slight crack that can't be seen without xrays of the mouth.

Jefferson'n'Ted is offline Senior Member

Are you sure she isn't eating poo? Teddy has a taste for it and let me tell you, I can always tell if he has gotten a forbidden snack in! It is enough to make you run out of the room!

Edited to add, I had an American Eskimo who had failing kidneys. Her breath always stunk to high heavens. So you may want to get her checked by a vet once you rule out the poo eating.
    “If I know every single phone call you’ve made, I’m able to determine every single person you’ve talked to; I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here, is what do they do with this information that they collect – that does not have anything to do with al-Qaeda? And we’re gonna trust the president and the vice president that they’re doing the right thing? Don’t count me in on that.”
    Joe Biden, 2006

her breath has always been bad since we got her...puppy teeth....adult teeth.....not a poo eater as far as i know unless she hides this habit..

Lucky6 is offline Senior Member

Do you feed her any supplements? Like fish oil? I just started Koko on them and her breath is starting to smell.
    Katie adopted by koko

blackandyellow is offline Senior Member

I have the exact same problem as you, and also feed them Eukanuba. Misha´s breath is fine, but Homer´s is terrible (yes like he´s eating poo). He IS indeed a poop eater but somehow I manage now to make him go in the morning before I leave for work, and then he goes again at night. I pick it up immediately. I don´t know if he does it while I´m gone for work and eats it, it definitely could be, but when he does it there are always "leftovers" so I can tell if he ate it...

Still haven´t found out what it is... to be honest I´m not very good at keeping their theeth clean, I´m thinking it´s more of a digestive problem, since he has a delicate stomach

jazzmom is offline Junior Member

Jazzmine's breath was pretty stinky until I started giving her coconut oil-now it smells really sweet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast