My poor, sweet boy.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My poor, sweet boy.

lilypi is offline Senior Member

DefaultMy poor, sweet boy.

Hubby came home from class tonight to find the entirety of Maddox's undigested lunch on the living room floor and Maddox hiding in the bathroom with his "I'm sorry daddy" face. He had his heart worm pill this afternoon so we suspect that it caused the yucky tummy. He only ate half of his dinner and has been pathetically lounging on the couch. I feel terrible and I'm on the fence about going to the e-vet. Hubby wants to see how he is in the morning before making the vet decision. He didn't come to the door to greet me but was wagging his tail on the couch when I came in a few minutes ago. He's had a little to drink, but not much. This is the first time he's been sick, and I feel panicky! We've got chicken and rice for breakfast for him, and would appreciate your good thoughts!
    Laura & Maddox

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

Has the heat worm pill ever cause him to have a problem like this before?? Is he running a fever and how do his gums look?
    Prayers for your sweet boy and that it is nothing.

The pill has never been an issue before, but I usually give it with a milkbone and big glob of peanut butter. He only had half a piece of cheese with it today. I don't have a thermometer, and his gums look kind of dark but to be honest I couldn't tell you if that's abnormal for him. I don't think I've ever noticed his gums.
    Laura & Maddox

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Hope he is feeling better soon!

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

Samson is offline Senior Member

With an upset stomach, I too would wait ! It's not uncommon and hopefully with chicken and rice it should sort itself out.

He had a small amount of chicken and rice last night before bed and kept it down. This morning he ate a very small amount...about 1/3-1/2 cup of mostly chicken. He followed it up with a nice drink of water but remains semi-lethargic and pathetic. He's wagging his tail to being called good boy and appears happy to accept pets. I know that when labs don't eat you go to the vet...but he's eating a little and drinking. At what point do I say that this is more than a yucky tummy and bring him in? I feel incompetent and awful that I can't stay home with him today.
    Laura & Maddox

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Truly not typed to alarm, but I see some similarity in appearance between Maddox and Hershey Kisses.

Hmmmm! What do you think HK? Maddox is lethargic and not eating all of his food.

Dad! I can't believe that you are asking that question. What would you do if I didn't eat all that was put in front of me, and then a little more?

HK! I would check for a pulse first, if I found one you would be on your way to see Dr. B.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

I think a vet visit would be next. If he hasn't recovered today I'd make a bee line to the Dr. Good thoughts.

small update: hubby stayed home until 11am, and Maddox seemed a bit perkier so he was given some kibble and ate it all up and had some water. My mom stopped by about 45 minutes ago and there is no puke in the house and Maddox tricked her into playing some fetch until I told her to knock it off. He is apparently running around and quite exuberent, and had a large drink when they came inside. She says that she feels badly because he's at the picture window staring out longingly. I think we've turned the corner!! we'll make him take it easy tonight and resume business as usual if he's himself in the morning.
    Laura & Maddox

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Keep getting better!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast