Surgeon decided not to do surgery on Tess.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surgeon decided not to do surgery on Tess.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

DefaultSurgeon decided not to do surgery on Tess.

for now. They all agreed the leg needs to be wired, but can't agree the best time to do it. They say if we do it now she will be in a crate another 3 weeks so would prefer to build the muscles first, which may help. Also concerned about her being on Pred so by waiting the leg will heal more.

They think the meniscus is loosening due to the pivot shift and if that gets worse will have to do it.Once I start walking her more it may go so still lead walks only and crate. For now we are trying to build muscle and recheck each month for the next 3 months.

They suggested hydrotherapy, but at a cost of over $150 per week that is beyond my budget.
    She can't go into Erns pool as it is cold water and I would be so paranoid she will jump out over the side as she does.

ETA. When I picked her up all I could hear from the car park was her barking. She isn't usually a barker and had her baby so kept thinking what is up with her. I had to wait and she didn't stop. When we went to get her she had drunk all her water. She ran out of the crate to the next crate and licked water off the floor. Poor wee girl. She was barking because she was thirsty. Think someone will be told off.
    Last edited by kassabella; 11-20-2012 at 11:51 PM.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

hark67 is offline Senior Member

Chris...sorry to hear Tess will need surgery. : ( That just sucks. Sending good thoughts for her your way.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hark67 View Post
    Chris...sorry to hear Tess will need surgery. : ( That just sucks. Sending good thoughts for her your way.

Megan she had TTO 9 weeks ago and the leg isn't quite right. Does suck, but things happen.

Love your siggy pic.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Samson is offline Senior Member

Poor Tess

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Poor Tess and I'm with you the least the poor girl deserves is to have her water bowl full! (((hugs))) to you both!

dek
    dek is offline Senior Member

Oh wow, more waiting for you and Tess! Hope she's able to build up some muscle mass to help things along.

I would be upset about the no water at the boarding, she probably needs even more to drink being on the pred.

Peppi is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kassabella View Post
    for now. They all agreed the leg needs to be wired, but can't agree the best time to do it. They say if we do it now she will be in a crate another 3 weeks so would prefer to build the muscles first, which may help. Also concerned about her being on Pred so by waiting the leg will heal more.

They think the meniscus is loosening due to the pivot shift and if that gets worse will have to do it.Once I start walking her more it may go so still lead walks only and crate. For now we are trying to build muscle and recheck each month for the next 3 months.

They suggested hydrotherapy, but at a cost of over $150 per week that is beyond my budget.
    She can't go into Erns pool as it is cold water and I would be so paranoid she will jump out over the side as she does.

ETA. When I picked her up all I could hear from the car park was her barking. She isn't usually a barker and had her baby so kept thinking what is up with her. I had to wait and she didn't stop. When we went to get her she had drunk all her water. She ran out of the crate to the next crate and licked water off the floor. Poor wee girl. She was barking because she was thirsty. Think someone will be told off.
    Hi Chris,

She may not need surgery at all. There's an English evangelist whose surgeons affirmed that his throat cancer must be removed. He prayed and, when he consulted the surgeons at the next appointment to discuss his surgery, they could not find the tumor except trace of scar as though he had had an operation. They asked him when did he do it. He assured them that he did not have an operation. Needless to say, he praised the Lord!

Prayers cost nothing except you must believe and have faith in God. Please read about my friend's brown labrador https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/l...t-night-3.html

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

What a trial for both of you.

Seamus and Flynn

Jenica is offline Senior Member

Poor Tess, and poor you. I really hoped that the surgery could go ahead quickly and would solve everything, but now you are back to waiting. Lots of good thoughts for both of you.

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Oh Chris, I am so sorry that poor Tess is going through so much. Continued prayers and good thoughts for you and Tess and Erns and Garry.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast