zoe update size and weight

Thread: zoe update size and weight

scutter is offline Senior Member

Defaultzoe update size and weight

When zoe was a younger pup, I posted about my concern regarding her size. I am still concerned. she is now 9 months old and 48 pounds. She looks healthy seems healthy has a slight waist and a slight tuck up. she is a smaller dog in stature. her proportions seem normal and look appropriate. She has Lots of energy and otherwise seems fine. Her mother was approx 60 lbs and dad was under 70 lbs. I was hoping for 60 lbs.

On another note a sad tale about the breeder, I can not get papers from her, one story and excuse after another. I had my attorney send her a letter and she has again made more promises. I may have to go the AKC PAL program
    (purebred alternative listing) as I want to be able to run my dog in AKC hunt tests. I never entended to breed the dog.

Has anyone had any experience with the PAL program and running tests with a PAL registered dog???

Thanks

Scutter

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

I wouldn't worry about her size - both of her parents were on the smaller size, and she still has some time to do some growing, but I'm sure you'll love her no matter what. I have 2 goobers on the "larger size", and wouldn't mind having a smaller lab next time around. As for PAL - I haven't had any personal experience, but I know several people who get a PAL for obedience, and they seem to be pretty lenient. If you're dog is at least purebred, you shouldn't have any problem. I would pretty much bet that if you've had that much trouble getting papers from your breeder, that they never registered the parents, or the litter - there is no other reason to keep making excuses. Have you talked with AKC about it?

scutter is offline Senior Member

DefaultPAL

The breeder showed me the papers on both parents. she owns both sire and dam or so she said. I agree I can not understand any reason why she has not registered the litter. There were 13 puppies so there are other owners in the same boat. She appears to be pure bred. But since I have been lied to numerous times, it is hard to know what to believe. This breeder is not a back yard breeder and has been around a long time and has lots of dogs, I don't understand the problem. She finally called me back after a month of calling and made promises last monday but AKC still doesn't have paperwork.

I don't know what could be accomplished with a lawsuit.

I hope that zoe continues to grow a little bit, I would at least hope for mid 50's.

I am going to keep trying to get papers but ultimately I must decide what to do. I now have $900 in an unregistered pup.

Thanks

Scutter

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Don't be worried about her size. She's still young and will be adding a few pounds before she's full grown. And size doesn't matter . I bet she's adorable. Can you post pics of her?

Edit to add: Emma is smaller too and I wouldn't want her any other way. She is 57.2 lbs. Her mom was very petite and I think she was less than 48 lbs.
    Last edited by Emma the Lab; 12-06-2009 at 11:13 AM.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Callaway is offline Senior Member

Calli, my female is a year and a half now and holds a steady weight of around 50lbs.
    She is very small, smaller than her mother too. I have people ask me all the time how old my puppy is .

But she is happy and healthy, so I cant ask for much more.

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

IIRC, Puff was 45 lbs/20.4 kg at 8 months and she matured at 62 lbs/28 kg.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748