FREAKING TICKS in November!

Thread: FREAKING TICKS in November!

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultFREAKING TICKS in November!

GAHHHH!!!! Twenty some odd years on this property, and this is the first year I have found fall ticks on my dogs. Now, I am finding them EVERY day! We have had several hard frosts, but 70* days interspersed (many record warm days from May through November), and apparently I am going to have to reconsider applying tick drip in the fall/winter!!!!

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

Same here Karen. We picked a tick off of Abby two weeks ago. It has been pretty warm here too. I just put the tick stuff on again. I hate those things.

justine is offline Senior Member

Oh yuck. Hopefully the freezing weather this week will get rid of them??

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

joflake is offline Senior Member

Fall is actually one of the worse times for ticks. I just put K9 on Willy yesterday to get him through Nov/Dec. I skipped most of summer, because we really don't see many then, just spring and fall, plus I don't like to give them that stuff if I don't need to. DH found a couple on the cats over the weekend, so we treated Willy. I will have to get a puppy dose for Dixie, especially since we'll be going to camp and they are worse there. Hopefully, it will get cold and stay cold after this, so they will go away.

Abbysmomanddad is offline Junior Member

Took Abby bird hunting yesterday, 60 degrees out. I pulled at least 20 ticks off of her and myself...not the brown dog ticks but the smaller deer ticks. A week earlier it was much colder and I didn't see any. While growing up in this area we didn't even know what a tick was!

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abbysmomanddad View Post
    Took Abby bird hunting yesterday, 60 degrees out. I pulled at least 20 ticks off of her and myself...not the brown dog ticks but the smaller deer ticks. A week earlier it was much colder and I didn't see any. While growing up in this area we didn't even know what a tick was!

That is what is happening here. The spring ticks are big, and I can see them before they attach. These fall ticks are smaller (don't know if they are deer ticks, 'cause they have no markings when attached), and have attached before I can detect them.

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

dogfur is offline Member

I hate ticks.

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

I spent the whole weekend in the woods deer hunting and thank goodness no ticks!

I know - it's crazy. I've been living where I live for almost a year and a half and no ticks. But now in the past few days when it's gotten cold I've found three. Crazy. And I hate these damn things.