Top 5 favourite things that make you love your lab more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 favourite things that make you love your lab more

Erendui is offline Senior Member

Red faceTop 5 favourite things that make you love your lab more

I just took my little boy out to the garden, and he sat there at the back door and gave one of his super cute yawns! Then it got me thinking, what are the top 5 things he does that make me feel all squishy inside?

5. Cocking his head to one side when he's listening to you talk to him "Huh? I'm trying to translate what you're saying but I have no clue..."
    4. Suddenly going all alert when he hears a dog on T.V. "Where's the dog, I want to play!"
    3. Those cute yawns I mentioned with the little whine at the end
    2. Doing all the tricks he knows in one go in order to get a treat (sit, lie down, paw, kiss, jump) when he's not sure of what to do!
    1. Snuggling up to me wherever I am, using feet as a pillow, or pretending to be a teddy bear and curling up under my arm if I lie on the floor with him

All these things make me love him that bit more (if that's even possible?!)

How about you guys? I want to know what your little (or big!) lab does to make you turn to mush

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

smokey is offline Senior Member

One of my favorite behaviors of Smokey's is when he is told "off" and he lets out this pathetic sigh and hops at our feet looking up with just his eyes, head down and giving this look like "I will get off but I'm not happy about it" makes me laugh every time...he tries really hard to obey his commands and he is coming along so well. He also likes to make a "nest" wherever he lays he digs at the floor and turns in circles until he decides it's right. He'll do this with rugs, blankests, a shirt, whatever he can find. He was doing it with the pillows on the couch until I removed them!
    Smokey 4/25/2012

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Everything about them makes me love them.The head tilt, the way they make me laugh, bringing my slippers.

For me coming in the door after a horrible day at work...or even good day to see their heads at the gate or window, then rushing to the door twirling in circles wagging their tails yelling Mum is home...Mum is home. Even if I go to get something out of the car their excitment to see me melts my heart.No matter what you wear, how many times you have told them off they still love you. Cant beat that.

Curling up on the sofa with them on a cold afternoon working from home is my favourite work time.

Erns has a little game I love. He will be next to me and pat me on the shoulder. I will say, "Hey big boy whatcha doing" and pat him on his shoulder. He does it again. We continue this until he decides he has had enough and either gives me the butt or or walks away.

Dancing with him. Tess is still not sure about this.
    So, so many things.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Aww hah! Bilbo gets really confused and excited if I dance in front of him, and it does make him jump up, so I can't do it too often in case it stresses his joints too much, but it is highly amusing

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Erns can't jump due to his bad joints. He likes to go between my legs and I massage his hips. If we dance we walk with him stamping his feet, swaying a little, while I tap his hips. If he wants to dance he goes to the rug near the stereo and barks for me. lol. My neices were visiting at Christmas and they thought it was hilarous. If we aren't dancing he stands still for me to do it.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

I love it when Rush climbs up on the couch in "her" spot by mommy and lays across my lap.
    I love when Boo is feeling sorry for herself and throws a pity party with barking and whining until someone comes and commiserates with her.
    The way they both greet me when I come home, it's always a great homecoming.
    Ya know, I love everything about them.

DJsMOM is offline Member

1. Those eyes, so full of unconditional love
    2. The way he follows me everywhere & just has to be as close as can be all the time
    3. Sleeping with his head on my feet & one paw draped across me, just to be sure I'm there
    4. He bounces like Tigger - fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
    5. Worth a second mention: Those eyes!

I wish Bilbo was allowed up on the sofa... I'm living at my mum's house for the time being so I have a lot of strict rules to stick to (no upstairs, no going on the sofa being the 2 main ones)... but I get on the floor at least once a day for cuddle time

Quote Originally Posted by DJsMOM View Post
    3. Sleeping with his head on my feet & one paw draped across me, just to be sure I'm there
    I currently have a very warm right foot as Bilbo is using it as a pillow. Love that he does that, the bonus is warm feet!

Kisses. Finn is a kisser. Forrest was not, he was pretty stingy with his kisses...Finn will suck your eyeballs out, given a chance. He also likes ears and feet....

Cuddles. Finn will jump up on the bed, lay his head on my chest and just collapse. Then he wants cuddled.

The way he sits/lays under the computer counter. He doesn't quite fit, so his body is at one angle while his head is smashed up against the wall.

The way he plays with toys and not-toys. He loves to run with Toby's bed outside. It's hysterical! And he pounces on toys, like a fox.

The way he groans when I scratch behind his ears- a long, drawn out rumble.....
    Home of:

Forrest CGC- Lab 2001-2011
    Poopy-Toby-JRT 2004-
    Finn- Lab/Aussie- 2011-
    And 30-some Miniature Horses...

www.fieldofdreamsminihorses.com

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his leader, his love. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. Unknown

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast