Erns had his first acupuncture.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erns had his first acupuncture.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

DefaultErns had his first acupuncture.

Erns is good with a lead on, but as soon as the lead comes off he is a menace so I have a short one and a long one in my pocket. I got to the vets a little early so he would settle and I could get my head together.

The receptionist was telling me about machine she used for her joint. She started with her shoulders making aloud.. whhoooooo noise rubbing her shoulder until she said when you get to a point the machine knows to work.In a high pitch voice said..eeeeeeeeeeeeee. This went on every joint from shoulder to toes.I thought my gosh is this candid camera, and had trouble controlling my laugther.
    By the time she got to her fingers Erns decided he either didn't like the noise or she was singing and decided to join in howling. She would stop before going to the next joint and he would howl. At first I snorted away then gave him the signal shhhshhhhhhh. On it went with other staff coming to see what was going on, me telling Erns to be quiet and not finding it funny any more.

Exhausted after all that work he lay down in the sun, stretched out as if he was in his own bed and went to sleep. When the vet came out not long after Erns refused to get up. He lifted his head looked at the vet as if to say " you kept me waiting...I am asleep now", then lay back down.
    Ernie!!!..Ernie come..walked forward trying to pull him along feeling very embarrassed while the vet stood watching. Waving the treats under his nose had him almost running into the vets.

When the vet explained he would put needles in his toes I thought "Oh No"...He hates his feet being touched and may bite.I said..Ummmm.... I have a confession about Ernie. The vets eyes opened wider and listening for my confession leaned forward and took Erns collar and lead off... no...I tried to get the long lead out of my pocket and of course it stuck.
    Erns was around the table up on his back legs checking out the counter, then under the table, and positioning himself to pee on the vet within seconds. Ernieeeee!!! His back leg is playing up and he couldn't get his balance so stumbled long enough for the vet to move and peed on the vets shoes.

I apologised and said I was about to confess he can be a toad. Would it be best if I just left. He laughed and said no. "I heard the noise he made.When I went out and saw him asleep I was a bit confused. Then when I saw you pull out that huge bag of treats I knew he may not be as mellow as he looked.We wont do his feet and see how he goes." adding "I must say, I have never seen a dog go from asleep to maniac so quickly.The state of his joints I am impressed." That's my Erns. Where there is a will there is a way. lol.

He was good as long as I was feeding him and not daring to take my eyes off him for a second. The vet is going to try his paws tomorrow.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

dek
    dek is offline Senior Member

Erns, you are a legend.
    Thanks for the laugh, Chris
    Hope the acupuncture brings good results - and that the vet lets you back in his office

smokey is offline Senior Member

Funny! And I'm glad the vet has a sense of humor...Ernie certainly does!
    Smokey 4/25/2012

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dek View Post
    Erns, you are a legend.
    Understatement of the century!
    Chris, your are brave. Ernie, you are a major WEENIE!

Seamus and Flynn

georgie is offline Senior Member

I hope the acupuncture works for Erns. I had to chuckle about Erns peeing on the vet's shoes. Sounds like you have a really nice vet.

mombear is offline Senior Member

Erns after all this time you are STILL my idol. But I am sorry you're not doing well and hope those sticky things help you feel better.

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

Ernie is a legend indeed! LMBO!!!I really hope these treatments are just what he needs!!!

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

I love Ernie stories!

Hoss peed on a hunt test judge during a training session.....under the circumstances, it wa deinately a 'PISS' on you comment. So I can totally relate!

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

Sams Mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dek View Post
    Erns, you are a legend.
    Thanks for the laugh, Chris
    Hope the acupuncture brings good results - and that the vet lets you back in his office
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddysmom View Post
    Understatement of the century!
    Chris, your are brave. Ernie, you are a major WEENIE!
    I have nothing more to add except, Bernie, you are a toad. A lovable toad, but a toad.

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

I sincerely hope the acupuncture works.

I laughed until I cried about most of the rest of the story. What a hoot that receptionist was with her noises!! Then Ernie peeing on the vet, oh my!!!! Ernie you are something else!
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast