Nellie's six month oncology visit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nellie's six month oncology visit

nellies mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultNellie's six month oncology visit

I was so worried. She has developed lumps all over her abdomen in the last six months. Turns out she has a herniated belly button and lipomas which is good. I opted not to have a chest x-ray since if she has lung cancer it means the cancer has metasticised. (sp)

What a trip though. I decided to take the two dogs. What a mistake. Bailey pooped in the parking lot. They walked into the vet practice which is huge and has a huge waiting room barking and carrying on. I sat in a corner with them while everyone laughed. How embarrassing. After the vet checked Nellie out and I was paying the bill Nellie pulled out of her collar and Baiiley tried to attack another dog. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that.
    He has become very protective of me and Nellie and I have to stop this but don't know how.
    Bailey
    Gunner
    Munchie
    ~~~~~~~~
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Glad Nellie had an okay checkup.

My Magnum has developed a lot of lipomas as well. Ruger has one small one. My vet says they are inherited... some dogs just have more than others get.

georgie is offline Senior Member

I am glad Nellie had a good checkup. Sounds like quite a time you had at the vet. You are brave taking two dogs.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Wendy B. is offline Senior Member

Always nice to hear about a good check-up. The waiting room had some excitement though

bearsdad is offline Senior Member

Glad the lumps are lipomas. I could never take my two at the same time to the vet they both get worked up, Bear especially and he becomes a different dog. If Bailey is protective all the time you may want to talk to a decent trainer who can help you nip this in the bud before it blossoms into a behaviour you cannot eliminate, but I also think you have to factor in the stress of a vet in this particular scenario.

wiscpayton is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the Nellie update- good

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Glad to hear Nellie is doing well! I don't know how old Bailey is, but my Barney is almost 2. In September, I had plumbing problems and for almost a month service people were in and out of the house. I was here of course. Barney started to get alot more protective of me and Tal. I had wanted to take him to a training class and that seems to have helped alot. They gave me some things I can work on with him, which I will do more of once finals are over with next week. I think a trainer would be a good idea.

I usually take both of mine to the vet. Admitedly, they have been a bit of a challenge together. I have started to make them sit and stay before I open the car door, same when they get out. That seems to have calmed them enough that the last time we went, it was not nearly the challenge it has been. Hope it gets better for ya!

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

I'm glad Nellie had a good check up! Glad it's just lipomas!
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Samson is offline Senior Member

You are brave taking two dogs ! I know that I struggled at the dog show with two excited pups.....................now I didn't mean it like that ! behave.

Glad Nellie's ok

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

They walked into the vet practice which is huge and has a huge waiting room barking and carrying on. I sat in a corner with them while everyone laughed.
    Now you know what it feels like to be me. The vet office seems to bring out the worst in them.
    Prayers for good health for Miss Nellie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast