While it is under sad circumstances,
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: While it is under sad circumstances,

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhile it is under sad circumstances,

I really enjoy watching my co-own Red, (now mine), learning to be a happy indoor dog.

While there are more details than I wish right now to get into, esstentially Red had a disadvantaged life. basic needs taken care of, some training, duck hunted one a year, but never allowed in the house or to play with other dog's, unless he was at my house.

ANYWAY, now that his owner (a best friend of mine), died, Red is mine. It is so heartwarming to see his learning to play with others (mostly his relatives), be happy on a couch, ASK to go outside when he needs to. he is such a sweet boy, and plays so well with all the other dog!

I am torn as to whether to find him another home, or keep him forever. Red has known nothing other than Joe (his owner) and I. Right now, he lives within 6 feet of where he was whelped. He does however makes number 5 in my pack.

Anyway, I so love watching Red grow into being a happy well adjusted dog! He is so polite, and so tolerant!

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

Oh, I can see why you'd want to keep him. You know he would have the best life possible with you. I know you'll make the best choice.for you and your family. He does sound like he's fitting in nicely...
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Karen, you are a wonderful person and friend. I think your heart already knows the answer and he is a very lucky dog to be part of your crew.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

How old is he? Sure sounds like he would love to live with you

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Nobody else could love him more than you do.

justine is offline Senior Member

Awww.. I bet it won't take him long to adjust, especially since he has other dogs to help him along.

Red is indeed adjusting very nicely. Probably better than Hoss, who I think has his nose a bit out of joint with the obviously now permanent addition of his brother Red. Hoss has been acting out some recently, but I think Kodi is about to come into heat. And three intact males with a about to come into heat female leads to a lot of careful watching for "fussing".

I know Red appreciates being indoors, on a couch, getting scritches whenever he wants, playing with the pups, structure in his life. When Red was with Joe, he was in an expen for about 23 hours a day, on a porch (enclosed, and heated), but was also where Joe smoked, so it stank. I tried to get Joe to come out to my house a couple times a week with Red, so that he got house time, play time and ears cleaned, nails trimmed and vacuumed (he likes to be vacuumed). I also went to Joe's house once a week to make sure his quarters were "clean". Since Joe lived by himself (despite being married...a rather unconventional relationship), Red was a reason to go home, be somewhat responsible, and something to care for, and Red was someone who loved him.

What impressed me the most was Red going into the Hospice, and how well he behaved with everry one. he was so calm and accepting of everything, the noises, people, tight spaces, and his dad who was obviously not himself. that was a thousand miles away from what he had ever experienced. To me a testimony to his basic temperament (that was not allowed to bloom in his every day life).

I have a lead on someone who may want Red, that I know would be a good home I hope it works out, I just need to let go of my tie to Joe, and think about what is best for Red......

Karen and the gang

amazongold is offline Senior Member

I think Red is right where he needs to be, Karen.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

justine is offline Senior Member

Karen - can you post a pic of him?

Red is on the left. Thumper (sister) in middle and Hoss on the right. I do need to take better Picts. And depending on how ATT and I am getting along in the next few hours I will. Red really is a handsome guy, who needs exercise (he has lost a lot of fat, now needs muscle tone.

Karen and the gang

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast