1 month of having our pup!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 month of having our pup!

Newpuppyownersami is offline Senior Member

Default1 month of having our pup!

I had a few people asking for updates and pics so here it is!
    Hera is doing really well. She is no longer afraid of car ride, couldn't even get her in the garage, she now loves them knowing she either gets to see her cousins or go to petsmart! She still is afraid of bigger dogs (silly cause she isn't small) but she loves playing with her cousins (both small dogs)! We have heard her bark about 3 times in the last few weeks but it was only when she got super happy (playing and when the kids came to play with her)! She is worm free thank goodness! Vet said she has seen this a lot with shelter dogs because the shelter here uses crappy dewormer I guess.
    Her and our youngest cat our best friends! He will come looking for Hera and when he finds her he head buts her and starts purring! They are so cute! She will clean him when he lets her. They play a lot but she is very gentle, she will lay down and keep poking him with her nose or pretend to bite him (she opens her month but then closes it before she touches him) but she has learned that he has claws but keeps playing. I have caught them sleeping together many times. I think it is easy for him because when he was a baby he was around dogs, he even pants like one sometimes it is so very cute! (Vet said its nothing to worry about)
    We have crated her twice now (with us gone, I do crate her when I clean cause I can't watch her) since she broke out and we haven't had any problem other pulling the blanket in and chewing on it.
    She is training very well. She now knows; sit, down, stay, up, crawl, shake, come, walking on a leash, and no. She has become an automatic shaker lol when she knows you have something she will sit and wave her paw at you. For only a month and no previous learning that I can see she is doing very well!
    We love her so very much and just having her has made such a change in my husband and that is like a special bonus! I will keep you updated more as time goes!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

The first pic is her and her fav toy that she picked out at petsmart, she even carried it to the register!
    The second is of a pair of ears that she found, decided to put them on her and she wore them for an hour with no problem! I say it's a Halloween costume lol!
    The third one is her fav thing to do, lay in the grass! She looked so cute like "I don't wana get out of the grass mommy" she just lays in our front yard for hours each day watching the street and playing with all the kids that live on our street! They all love her so much, she is very popular!

georgie is offline Senior Member

I am glad things are going well. She is a real cutie.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thank you! Haha she is so funny she is sleeping on the couch while I'm watching a show and a puppy was crying in the show and her head popped up so fast and her ears we sticking up!

KenZ71 is offline Senior Member

Great pics, even better training progress.
    Max's favorite place, a walk through a state park with the kids

Max Born February 2012, Adopted May 2012....

Thank you KenZ. Yea she is learning fast! The crawling was easy, she was already doing it trying to sneak away behind me, I just gave it a name! She got shake in less than a day! Just figuring out what should come next, any suggestions?

SweetShelby is offline Senior Member

I'm so happy to hear everything is going great with her, hooray! She looks adorable. This is fantastic news, keep up the good work

Thanks so much for the update and pictures!

Garth is offline Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by Newpuppyownersami View Post
    Just figuring out what should come next, any suggestions?
    Yeah you could train her how to use the vacuum cleaner & clean up all that black hair she'll be shedding in the next 10-15 years.

Good luck with it. I've been telling my dogs to clean up their mess for decades & they still wont. I think they've got selective hearing.

Haha if only they could!

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

I am so glad everything is going well. Labbys do a thing we call "the paw"....when they want something or to get your attention, they will put a paw on you. They also do it when they love on you. It sounds like your girl is getting "the paw" down pretty good!
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast