Labs & Pugs!!

Thread: Labs & Pugs!!

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

CoolLabs & Pugs!!

Don't know what it is, but I just LOVE this combo! Maybe it's the difference in size, the Lab's Gentle Giant lovebug personality with the Pug's smooshy little face & wacky personality, seeing the pics posted by Garth & Sonya (love the one posted in Cinder's b'day thread!) and hearing the stories of Bear & Buzz, etc. If Diesel gets a canine sibling, Pug is at the top of my list!

I googled for Labs & Pugs images, there weren't that many pics, but this one is hilarious!

Attachment 5864

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Love it!!

CindersMyGirl is offline Senior Member

I love that one, too. I crack up every time I see it.

I love the picture of Millie on Cinder, too. She's such a sweet girl. And the lab/pug combo is awesome! Just be prepared for more fur than you ever imagined. Lol. They both shed. A lot.
    Last edited by CindersMyGirl; 10-27-2012 at 10:31 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Garth is offline Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by CindersMyGirl View Post
    And the lab/pug combo is awesome! Just be prepared for more fur than you ever imagined. Lol. They both shed. A lot.
    Pssst Sonya, you forgot to tell her about the eye problems & how they co$t thousand$ of $$$ to fix in a lifetime or the infections above the nose they're so prone to or the reverse sneezing attacks or the respiratory problems they have in hot weather or the ear infections or hemivertabrae or or or or or or

And and and and and and and

CindersMyGirl is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garth View Post
    Pssst Sonya, you forgot to tell her about the eye problems & how they co$t thousand$ of $$$ to fix in a lifetime or the infections above the nose they're so prone to or the reverse sneezing attacks or the respiratory problems they have in hot weather or the ear infections or hemivertabrae or or or or or or

We've been lucky so far (knock on wood).

Both of my pugs have eyelashes that only turn in a tiny bit so I just rearrange their eyelids if I notice them watering. No one has poked an eye either.

We only had one nose wrinkle infection to make wrinkle cleaning with a qtip a weekly thing.

And they both have great patellas which my vet keeps an eye open for since luxating patellas are so common.

Millie has a stenotic nose so her breathing, snoring, sneezing is much louder. And a bulldog owner gave me a reverse sneeze tip....I put my fingers over their nostril for a couple seconds and it stops. Before that we would rub his neck and talk in a soft voice to help calm him down.

And then there's the shedding...and shedding..?and shedding...lol.

But they're well worth it.

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garth View Post

I know Makes me sad they go through stuff like that, but as Sonya says I think they would be worth it! If I make a selection based on what is best for my pocketbook.... that just seems kinda silly and a little selfish to me. My decision would be based on the overall breed (appearance, personality, temperment, etc) and their health concerns is par for the course, just as Labs have their issues. Difference is more so when, not if where money is concerned.

Besides, Pug is my first choice when it comes to getting an 8wk old pup from a responsible breeder. There is still the option of a rescue, and that I am not breed specific, it would be need (theirs) specific.