Barney Will Graduate Next Week!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barney Will Graduate Next Week!

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultBarney Will Graduate Next Week!

Barney will graduate from his first obedience class next week! I am so proud of him!

During the class last Monday we walked our dogs around the courthouse and Barney was a little apprehensive at first, but he did very well. Then we traded dogs. The little guy did awesome. He behaved great, but you could tell he was a little uptight. As long as I can keep exposing him to new places and things, I am hoping he will eventually be alot more relaxed when we go somewhere new. They are going to have another class in the spring and I plan on taking him there too. I figure the more I can get him out and exposed to new things, the better!

We traded dogs twice. The first time I got our instructor's Poodle. He's a full sized kind. Not my type, but he was a friendly fellow! Then I got the little Rottie/Pit mix. I am not sure why, but she was beside herself with glee. There is one other guy in the class (he has a Blue Heeler) who had the little Rottie mix first. She behaved well with him, but she acted like she was holding a sign that said I really, really missed you, like the dog in the commercial. lol You would have thought I was a long lost owner or something!

I am really gonna miss that class. Nice folks and a good bunch of dogs!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Henery&Ollie's mom is offline Senior Member

Way to go, Barney!!! He sounds like he's really coming along nicely, Guy.

Classes with great people and dogs are a lot of fun, huh?

joflake is offline Senior Member

Good for you and Barney! Ant the Rottie girl sounds cute. I hope you loved her up!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

It really is great when you get a good trainer and a good bunch in the class. We went through 3 sequences with the trainers we used. The middle class was a challenge for everyone because of two dog owners. They had good dogs, but they wouldn't listen to trainer or anyone else. Basically, they thought bringing the dog to class was all that was required. The dogs would learn, required no effort on their (owners) part.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

MNLab is offline Senior Member

I'm glad you have a great class in your area, sounds like you and Barney had fun and he learned, way to go Barney, atta boy!
    Chantel and...

Daisy, Hayshaker She's Utterly Unforgettable, CGC
    Lola, our mellow yellow gal. Gotcha on 1-7-07

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Well done - congrats to you both.

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Nicely done Barney!!! I'm glad your class was such a good one for you. I love those classes, and the chance to meet other dogs and dog parents!! Will Barney get to wear a graduation hat?? If so, you best be taking pics.

Quote Originally Posted by joflake View Post
    Good for you and Barney! Ant the Rottie girl sounds cute. I hope you loved her up!
    Oh yes. And funny thing is she minded me better than her mom. But I bet that was more like kids. They mind a whole lot better with others than their own parents..lol Barney didn't seem jealous about it either!

Quote Originally Posted by Rushpuppy View Post
    Nicely done Barney!!! I'm glad your class was such a good one for you. I love those classes, and the chance to meet other dogs and dog parents!! Will Barney get to wear a graduation hat?? If so, you best be taking pics.
    I don't know about a hat but I am gonna take my camera. I hope the Dane is there too. I'm gonna miss all that bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by HersheyK's Dad View Post
    Basically, they thought bringing the dog to class was all that was required. The dogs would learn, required no effort on their (owners) part.
    You mean that is not true?? I thought every one of us living kind of beings came already trained and didn't need any guidance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast