Nice neighbors thinking about HK

Thread: Nice neighbors thinking about HK

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultNice neighbors thinking about HK

Got a call tonight. Neighbors have turkey left over, a little too dry for them, and they don't want to throw it out. They asked if Hershey might like a treat added to her kibble for a few days. Yeh, right! Like I would have to ask her.

So I went over to pick it up, and then got asked what I do with her if we ever travel. I told them we don't travel much, but she either goes with us or one of our kids take care of her.

To that they said, too bad. We were hoping that maybe we could take care of her for a weekend or week. I told them I would keep them in mind if we ever needed a place for her. They lost a dog about 8 years ago. He was not an offlead dog, and got away from them one day. He came back about two days later really sick. He had found some kind of poison somewhere and didn't make it. They will never have a dog again, but would live to borrow one for a few days some time.

I got home and told Hershey Kisses that she would get a handfull of diced turkey in her kibble in the morning. She sniffed the bag, and I swear she was asking why she had to wait till morning.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Nice neighbors!!!

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

of course she was! We are like you, either Sammi comes with us or stays with one of the kids- but it would be nice to have a spare doggy sitter out there! Nice for you and HK

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MNLab is offline Senior Member

Those are some sweet neighbors you have. I wish more people were like that, world would be a better place, especially if everyone was a dog lover!
    Tell HK to enjoy (albeit I'm sure you don't need to), Daisy and Lola are green with envy!
    Chantel and...

Daisy, Hayshaker She's Utterly Unforgettable, CGC
    Lola, our mellow yellow gal. Gotcha on 1-7-07

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Nice neighbors! I wish they would consider getting another dog. It's so sad when people are so traumatized at the loss of a loved dog that they would never have another and go through that again. Maybe spending a day with HK will change their mind and they will get another dog.
    I haven't had a vacation for years and my neighbor recently made the offer to stay with my four for a week. I was happy and planning a vacation in my mind until that evening, Bruno vomited his dinner in the living room and that night he woke me up at 1AM and 3AM to go out. I could never do this to a nice neighbor.

justine is offline Senior Member

Aww what a sweet neighbor! I'm fortunate that my parents can always watch Abbey and my cat for me.. but I have a bunch of friends lined up to watch them, too.

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

Wow, very nice neighbors!

Like the rest of you, my parents are my primary dog-sitter when I travel. But recently I had to go out of town (last minute) & a neighbor the next street over offered to watch Lexi for me.

I was concerned about how she would react being left somewhere other than grandma & grandpa's. My fears were all for naught... she was a perfect angel. In fact, the husband & son had a blast wrestling & playing tug with her. I am told she actually drug their son across the floor, all while he was laughing.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

joflake is offline Senior Member

That was very nice of them. I feel bad for them, they obviously love dogs or they wouldn't offer to watch HK. Maybe you should take them up on their offer, even for a day and maybe they'll change their minds.