Ollie: 1, Pork'n'Cheese Water Dog: 0 (smug, but rant also!)
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ollie: 1, Pork'n'Cheese Water Dog: 0 (smug, but rant also!)

Henery&Ollie's mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultOllie: 1, Pork'n'Cheese Water Dog: 0 (smug, but rant also!)

So, we are now in week 5 of our Attention 2 obedience class, and Ollie is doing just fantastically... *proud momma beam* but this is not a thread about how smart my boy is. [but he really is!!]

I don't know if you all remember, but there is an intact Portuguese Water Dog in our class who spent the entire first class snarling and lunging at Ollie. His owner's excuse was "Well, he's intact, and your dog is intact, and that's just how he is." WTF?!

Our instructor had a come-to-jesus meeting with the PWD and told him and the owners that this behaviour was NOT going to be acceptable in class.

For the next few weeks, I just moved Ollie to different places in our training hall to work, and far away from the PWD. Ollie didn't seem bothered by the PWD at all, and I know that Ollie wasn't instigating anything because he was by my side and working and giving me attention each time the PWD lunged and snarled at him.

There have been a few small incidences of posturing from the PWD and snarling but nothing bad in the past few weeks, until today. He went after Ollie at the beginning of class today and came within a few feet of him before I jumped between them and moved Ollie away. If he had touched one fur on my Ollie, I swear I would have gone after that owner.

Our instructor was PISSED. I guess she had told the owners that they had to consult with a behaviourist about getting that behaviour fixed because it was absolutely NOT acceptable, and they haven't done so. She said that PWD would not be welcome in class like that.

We started off-leash heeling today too, and while she was talking (Ollie was by my side with his back to this PWD) I guess the PWD was posturing at Ollie and she made the owner put his leash back on him for the rest of class.

Honestly, how clueless can you be about your dog??! Pay attention!!

So then we moved on to stand-for-exam, and wouldn't you know it, I got paired up with the spouse of the PWD owner. Ollie dances during the SFE so I'm working on him standing still and not wiggling so much before adding in the return to heel position.

Anyway, she (spouse) got all snotty with me and said, "You do realize that you have to return to heel afterwards?" and I said I knew, that I was working on just the stand for right now.

She huffed and said, "Well, why don't you just try it?" thinking for sure that Ollie would fail. HEH. Ollie did it PERFECTLY. He wiggled but kept his feet still, and while he craned his head around to watch me go around back of him, he didn't move his feet at all. Meanwhile, her spouse is yelling at their dog to "STAND STAND STAND!".

I swear Ollie winked at me when I returned to heel.

THAT'S my boy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Good boy Ollie!

Don'tcha' just love owners like the PWD owners. Makes me want to strangle them with my bare hands. How old is the PWD. I'd be in their face about getting the dog neutered ASAP.

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

I'm in hyserics over Pork'n'Cheese Water Dog! LOL!!!!

Good boy, Ollie! I'm proud of you, too!

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Good boy Ollie. Sorry that must have been such a piss off Felicia.

Henery&Ollie's mom is offline Senior Member

Linda, I think he's 2.5 or 3? I don't think they're showing him in conformation either, so why he's still intact.... *shrugs*

They argue with our instructor all the time with the spouse giving pointers to her husband while our instructor is talking. She thinks she's all that because she put 2 CD legs on their other dog (she made sure everybody knew that). Well, if you know everything, why are you in class?? Whatev!!

LOL Amy! I can't take credit for the term... my good friend coined it after I told him about the first class we had with the PWD.

Luvmydog2much is offline Senior Member

Good boy Ollie!
    'Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.'
    ~ Michelle Held

Rhys, Ruby and Nola

dweck is offline Senior Member

Oh, Ollie, you've got the world on a string, don't you? Handsome AND smart. Way to go, putting that PWD dad in his place.

HAH!!!

Kelrobin Cleveland Street Denizen, CGC, RN [Parker]

"Dear George: Remember, no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings. Love, Clarence" -- IAWL Screenplay (1946)

joflake is offline Senior Member

Good boy Ollie! You show em who the smart doggie is.

Mama3tikes is offline Senior Member

Good boy Ollie! I thought this thread was about Pork Roll Egg and Cheese!

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Good for you, and good for Ollie.

Too bad about the PWD. Its not the breed. I am sure its the owners.

Trainers that HK and I went through class with, one had a Giant Schnauzer, the other a PWD. They alternated bringing them to class, as models of proper behavior of whatever was being taught that might. They were great dogs.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast